Fuel price discussion thread (was ‘chaos’)

Yes, at least I think it's still open as the application page is still live. Apply here. It takes a couple of weeks for the card to come through then you have to go online to activate it and tie a debit/credit card to your account.
I went to sign her up last night and it seems we set up an account years ago but never got as far as putting in a payment method, so we never received the card.

What's doubly frustrating is that the local garage is Esso. At least it was, it changed to Texaco a few months ago. All this time we could have been saving money.

At the moment the discount is doubled so these are the current discounts:-

- Save 12p on every litre of Esso Synergy Supreme Diesel
- Save 10p on every litre of Esso Synergy Supreme+99 Unleaded
- Save 8p on every litre of Esso Synergy Diesel
- Save 6p on every litre of Esso Synergy Unleaded

Well worth having although I believe you need a Blue Light card or Defence Services Discount Card to apply for this scheme.

it's only account specific (i did not get it on my WEX card)

I looked into the WEX card, however around here Esso is usually 5p more a litre than Tesco and it's 10 minutes away vs 2 for Tesco so never bothered.

It was £1.35.9p per litre for standard unleaded in Elgin on Friday but apparently has dropped again since then. As oil is still dropping hopefully the downward trend will continue.

As for fuel cards, there is no catch with my Esso card provided by Wex as far as I can tell. I have had it for a few months now and I fill up, present my card along with my reg no and mileage at the kiosk and a few days later they send me a bill showing the discount and how much they are taking from my debit card that is tied to the Esso card. At the moment the discount is doubled so these are the current discounts:-

- Save 12p on every litre of Esso Synergy Supreme Diesel
- Save 10p on every litre of Esso Synergy Supreme+99 Unleaded
- Save 8p on every litre of Esso Synergy Diesel
- Save 6p on every litre of Esso Synergy Unleaded

Well worth having although I believe you need a Blue Light card or Defence Services Discount Card to apply for this scheme.
I’ve a blue light card and never knew this, thank you I’m going to take a look

Six weeks it took to get this Esso fuel card and it's finally arrived. They originally sent it to the wrong address, then when we tried to get another, they insisted on a utility bill and then insisted the bill was sent from the email address they had on record. That's perfectly fine but if they'd asked that first then it would have been a bit quicker as my wife no longer has easy access to the address that her account was originally set up on.

It would be nice to be able to change the PIN.

Do they always ask for vehicle registration number and mileage? The web site says they 'may' ask which is a bit rubbish really. If they ask, can you just say 'nah, it's not needed' and they'll accept that?

Back
Top Bottom