Fuji X Series

Caporegime
Well, after being able to wait no longer for my local store to list it, I caved in and bought it from a rival store for the equivalent of £1350 including 18-55mm lens. I really think that is a great price, and it is around £150 cheaper than the competition, which basically pays for my 2x Lexar 64GB 2000x SD cards. Next purchase will be the battery grip when it comes in stock, but no rush there.

I should receive the X-T2 on Friday 14th September... almost a week. Ahh well, at least it's ordered. :)

Battery grip also now ordered for £165... man I love the prices here in cu.ckoo clock land. :D

Associate
Sadly I dont have the budget to stretch to the X-T2 but Im looking at the X-T10. As a total novice to photography will it be a good camera to start out with? I was possibly looking at a DSLR camera but I think it will end up gathering dust compared to a smaller camera. The X-T10 and the kit lens is really going to max out my budget although I did see .

Have you considered an Fuji XE2? Essentially the same camera in a slightly different form factor. I'm pretty sure they would be cheaper second hand too.

Either way, both the XE2 and XT10 are astonishingly good cameras

Soldato
Just been in to Jessops and had a look at the XT10 and took a few shots of the wife and the little fella in the store. Im not sure if I was doing something wrong but in auto mode the flash came on but when you looked at the photo the bottom half of the photo was in shadow and the top half looked great. I think it was becuase of the lens (which was just the standard kit lens) and the flash hitting that?

Any ideas? Its really put the wife off one now as she wants a point and shoot camera option on anything I buy.

Caporegime
Just been in to Jessops and had a look at the XT10 and took a few shots of the wife and the little fella in the store. Im not sure if I was doing something wrong but in auto mode the flash came on but when you looked at the photo the bottom half of the photo was in shadow and the top half looked great. I think it was becuase of the lens (which was just the standard kit lens) and the flash hitting that?

Any ideas? Its really put the wife off one now as she wants a point and shoot camera option on anything I buy.

This sounds similar https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3604221#forum-post-52871323

Last edited:
Soldato
Never had that issue. Try another if you are still there, under the same circumstances. Fully automatic on an XT10 is a point and shoot option Iwould have thought (unless I have misunderstood you?)

Last edited:
Associate

sounds like sync speed incorrectly set/used. so a user error rather than the camera

Associate
Wasted a entire day waiting for my camera to arrive from park cameras . After. Speaking to customer service and upgrading to Saturday postage I thought I would have it for the weekend . Wasn't even provided a tracking number as apparently they don't use a courier that has that facility. Will be calling tomorrow for a refund it's a joke of a company

Soldato
Wasted a entire day waiting for my camera to arrive from park cameras . After. Speaking to customer service and upgrading to Saturday postage I thought I would have it for the weekend . Wasn't even provided a tracking number as apparently they don't use a courier that has that facility. Will be calling tomorrow for a refund it's a joke of a company

Is there still a chance it will arrive Monday?

I rapidly became a review- aholic:http://www.scoop.it/t/fujifilm-x-pro1-x-e1-x100s

Last edited:
Soldato
"Accidentally" bought an X-T2 today, went shopping and spotted one in a window. I assumed it was just a demo model but they had one left in stock (despite them apparently being sold out in NZ) so I had a play and that was how I ended up buying the wife lunch and a new skirt.

Caporegime
"Accidentally" bought an X-T2 today, went shopping and spotted one in a window. I assumed it was just a demo model but they had one left in stock (despite them apparently being sold out in NZ) so I had a play and that was how I ended up buying the wife lunch and a new skirt.

I hate you.

What was the price, just out of interest?

Last edited:
Associate

If it's any consolation I had the same thing happen to me but with a different company. I was meant to receive my camera/grip yesterday but it never came and I imagine it will now be tomorrow or even Tuesday before I get it. I just don't think any of the "major" UK retailers are competent enough to distribute two major camera releases simultaneously ( the X-T2 and 5DMk4 ). The annoying thing is my camera was picked and ready to go on Thursday yet somehow didn't get dispatched until late Friday afternoon ... and well, the rest is history.

Last edited:
Soldato
I hate you.

What was the price, just out of interest?

$2700NZD but I got it for $2550NZD after a bit of bargaining so 1400 quid in proper money.

Seems very nice so far, I think I actually prefer the handling of my X-Pro2 but the EVF in the X-T2 is better and the AF does seem a shade more responsive so far.

I have already sold my second X-Pro2 and X-E2 so that's covered the cost and I've told the wife that I'm sorted for a while now since it'll be 3-4 years before Fuji release a successor to the X-Pro2 or X-T2. She just smirked and told me that just means I'll find another lens I "need" :)

Soldato
If it's any consolation I had the same thing happen to me but with a different company. I was meant to receive my camera/grip yesterday but it never came and I imagine it will now be tomorrow or even Tuesday before I get it. I just don't think any of the "major" UK retailers are competent enough to distribute two major camera releases simultaneously ( the X-T2 and 5DMk4 ). The annoying thing is my camera was picked and ready to go on Thursday yet somehow didn't get dispatched until late Friday afternoon ... and well, the rest is history.

It's all guesswork from Wex. Regarding the Grip they told me Fuji are very good and usually deliver within 7-10 days. I'll call them in 10 days. They said the same thing about my XT1 and that's been 14 days inclusive of today? The annoying thing was it was never explained to me by way of email as to why I never received the grip despite preordering and the XT2 was simply sent without an accompanying explanation. I get the impression they are taking as many orders as possible and are hanging on to your money so you don't go elsewhere. This preordering incentive also effectively ties you to the shop for your discount ( regarding the grip).

Last edited:
Associate
It's all guesswork from Wex. Regarding the Grip they told me Fuji are very good and usually deliver within 7-10 days. I'll call them in 10 days. They said the same thing about my XT1 and that's been 14 days inclusive of today? The annoying thing was it was never explained to me by way of email as to why I never received the grip despite preordering and the XT2 was simply sent without an accompanying explanation. I get the impression they are taking as many orders as possible and are hanging on to your money so you don't go elsewhere. This preordering incentive also effectively ties you to the shop for your discount ( regarding the grip).

Yup, you are correct about pre-ordering tying you down to a retailer. Cancelling now would effectively lose me £200. For the sake of a few extra days wait it's just not worth it, but frustrating nonetheless. New camera releases are nearly always the same ... chaotic distribution from both the retailers and the manufacturers. Doesn't seem any better across the pond either ...

Caporegime
Last night I did some shooting with my X-E2 at a friends anniversary party and man... the autofocus sucks so hard in low light, I missed a crapton of shots. The ISO 6400 ceiling also really limits the shutter speed, I will look forward to ISO 12800 on the X-T2 when I get it.

I also really need to get a decent flash system, and I really want the Nissin i60 but I am super annoyed that HSS doesn't seem to be enabled for Fuji. Also the Air 1 Commander isn't yet compatible either. FFS Fuji, sort your **** out!

Associate

Lesson learned for me i will goto a store in future . I had plans this weekend to go out and shoot with my new kit instead i spent an entire day waiting for something i was promised thursday then friday .Judging by the bad reviews park cameras recieve im starting to think maybe they havent even posted it yet .

Caporegime
Mine is due to be at the store on Friday... battery grip has also been shipped. It's been one of the longest and most anticipated waits of my technology purchasing life.

Associate
I would advise anyone looking to buy camera equipment to avoid using park camera's. Was promised release day delivery then friday and Saturday and phoned today to be told it's shipping tomorrow so I got a refund from them . Joke of a company and I only have myself to blame ax I ignored the reviews . Have ordered one to store at another seller to pick up tomorrow. Lesson learned

Associate
I would advise anyone looking to buy camera equipment to avoid using park camera's. Was promised release day delivery then friday and Saturday and phoned today to be told it's shipping tomorrow so I got a refund from them . Joke of a company and I only have myself to blame ax I ignored the reviews . Have ordered one to store at another seller to pick up tomorrow. Lesson learned

That blows, but as you say, lesson learned. Will be collecting my camera and grip tomorrow following the delay I was subjected to. I'll have to wait until the weekend to give it a serious workout though.

Back
Top Bottom