Fuji X Series

Man of Honour
Wasted a entire day waiting for my camera to arrive from park cameras . After. Speaking to customer service and upgrading to Saturday postage I thought I would have it for the weekend . Wasn't even provided a tracking number as apparently they don't use a courier that has that facility. Will be calling tomorrow for a refund it's a joke of a company

Park are terrible for tracking, they tend to use Parcelforce who provide a tracking number but Park always claim they can't give you it for "security" purposes.....

Caporegime
Picked up the cheap tele zoom for my X-E2, paid £109... it's not too bad to be fair.

How did you find the autofocus speed on it, was it serviceable? I do wonder how it compares to the 55-200.

PS: Pro tip, put your images in quotation marks in future to stop people quoting all of the images when they hit reply. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks good! Kind of makes me think, why did I spend £1500 on the 100-400 now :eek:

I'm sure the 100-400 is much better :p

How did you find the autofocus speed on it, was it serviceable? I do wonder how it compares to the 55-200.

In good light it's usable, but not all that quick. Managed to track my dog alright but struggled a bit with birds in flight for example.

PS: Pro tip, put your images in quotation marks in future to stop people quoting all of the images when they hit reply. :)

They could just delete the tags ;)

Soldato
Just had the repair bill from Wex to do with my XT1. If you recall they were claiming "cosmetic" damage to the sensor. I'll need to ring them since the bill gives no indication from Fuji of the damage: only a cost of repair at £140.00 plus vat. Wex were initially offering £410 part ex on this and so I'm in two minds to get it repaired and just have it back to carry as a second camera? I'll need to be told the exact nature of the repair or damage since there is still nine months warranty on it?

Last edited:
Associate
Just had the repair bill from Wex to do with my XT1. If you recall they were claiming "cosmetic" damage to the sensor. I'll need to ring them since the bill gives no indication from Fuji of the damage: only a cost of repair at £140.00 plus vat. Wex were initially offering £410 part ex on this and so I'm in two minds to get it repaired and just have it back to carry as a second camera? I'll need to be told the exact nature of the repair or damage since there is still nine months warranty on it?

I would have gone striaght to fuji for any warranty repairs . The £140 is the standard price fuji charge for any repair out of warranty . I phoned fuji explained that i had dust on my x100s and they sent me a pre paid box to send the camera to them ,2 days latter i received a quote for £70 for the work so i phone up an paid . 4 days latter camera came back to me and to my supprise they had replaced the complete lens assembly which would have cost way more than £70 .

Soldato
I would have gone striaght to fuji for any warranty repairs . The £140 is the standard price fuji charge for any repair out of warranty . I phoned fuji explained that i had dust on my x100s and they sent me a pre paid box to send the camera to them ,2 days latter i received a quote for £70 for the work so i phone up an paid . 4 days latter camera came back to me and to my supprise they had replaced the complete lens assembly which would have cost way more than £70 .

My problem was the warranty was with Wex and the fault was picked up by them.

Soldato
I understand that but going striaght to fuji with the problem would have been a better result long term .

I wish I'd known that but unfortunately for me I thought I'd part ex the XT1 with the XT2. I wasn't even aware there was a cosmetic fault until it was pointed out. I also accepted their offer but since becoming aware of the fault the condition under which that offer has changed. I'm hoping to say I'll pay and get the camera sent back without it being attached to an account. I find many of the things Wex sell are more expensive: unless they will price match ? :(

Last edited:
Associate
I wish I'd known that but unfortunately for me I thought I'd part ex the XT1 with the XT2. I wasn't even aware there was a cosmetic fault until it was pointed out. I also accepted their offer but since becoming aware of the fault the condition under which that offer has changed. I'm hoping to say I'll pay and get the camera sent back without it being attached to an account. I find many of the things Wex sell are more expensive: unless they will price match ? :(

You're not having much luck are you ? Hopefully you can enjoy the X-T2 soon without all the added fuss.

Caporegime
My X-T2 should be coming in store today or tomorrow... man I hope that it doesn't drag on to next week, I was so planning for a weekend with it!

Don't pay anything unless you get a detailed breakdown of the issue so that you understand what it actually is from Fuji's side.

Caporegime
I 've just sent Wex an email asking them to send me the complete invoice from Fuji for the repair listing the type of work needed to be undertaken and the nature as to the type of fault?

Is that a question or a statement. If the latter, please stop abusing question marks. Good luck with the repair, and don't pay anything unless you are sure it's worth it. :)

Soldato
Is that a question or a statement. If the latter, please stop abusing question marks. Good luck with the repair, and don't pay anything unless you are sure it's worth it. :)

Bit of both with perhaps a smidgen of righteous indignation ;) Will do. Thanks.

Regarding the repair their reply is as follows:

" Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we do not receive a comprehensive breakdown from Fuji with regards to the work they undertake as part of the repair process. I will attempt to find out for you and will be in touch as soon as I have some information for you."

I think this is pretty poor considering I have yet to be told exactly what is wrong with it and I am expected to pay for the repair. There is also seven or more months warranty to figure in to this if applicable?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom