Fuji X Series

Soldato
Got this strap for my XT10 now:

http://shop.deadcameras.com/home/10--slim-strap.html

Its basically a rolled leather tube.

Yeah I actually went from an old Nikon D50 to my XT10 and I feel a lot more 'involved' and interested in the way I take photos. My photography had waned a bit and feels a lot more reinvigorated. Fujis are so damn fun to shoot with.

I have a D600 which is superb but the XT10 is genuinely fun to take pics with!!

Associate
Not until they are near the £300 bracket! :p

But realise I can do my usual 35/85mm two body combo with the Fuji system now. In theory I could shoot a wedding with this if push comes to shove!

Yes indeed i see you have got yourself a t1 and 56. Would be super interested in how the t1 compares to the pro1 which I used to own, as at the prices of the t1 now they are super tempting and have all the things I missed when having the pro 1.

You will have to do a comparison post if you get time mate.

Caporegime
Yes indeed i see you have got yourself a t1 and 56. Would be super interested in how the t1 compares to the pro1 which I used to own, as at the prices of the t1 now they are super tempting and have all the things I missed when having the pro 1.

You will have to do a comparison post if you get time mate.

Quick impression.

The X-T1 is a superior camera.

1 - Read and Write speed much faster, granted I have put in a UHS-II card but even for a single photo, I have to wait before I can review a photo in the X-Pro 1.
2 - The X-T1 is actually smaller. It is narrower.

L6mYWN8.jpg

With the half leather case on.

gjG5OEn.jpg

3 - Focus is much superior. Not 5D level but it is certainly a useable level.
4 - EVF is better
5 - I miss seeing what i am taking photo of so having the DSLR esq UI which I like and familiar with.

Soldato
Not sure why you're surprised the X-T1 is the better camera. It is their 'flagship' ILC camera after all.

I've decided to stick with the X-T1, rather than upgrading. It'll be getting a fair hammering in Paris next week too!

Caporegime
Not sure why you're surprised the X-T1 is the better camera. It is their 'flagship' ILC camera after all.

I've decided to stick with the X-T1, rather than upgrading. It'll be getting a fair hammering in Paris next week too!

Not surprised at all, but impress what this little thing can do for £370.

Although the EVF still not as good as people are raving about but I am not prepared to pay another £1k to get the X-T2 to test that out.

Soldato
It was a £1300 camera back in the day, but yeh for the second hand price, they are VERY good. And Fuji lenses are frankly fantastic too. My 18-55mm 'kit lens' is really really good!

I love the EVF, not really sure if the X-T2 is much better. I know the refresh rate is higher, but Ive had no issues with the X-T1 tbh

Caporegime
One thing I dislike is the diopter, it has no markings at all? I have to click it all the way to one way, click it all the way to the other way, count the clicks and then click half the number to the middle.

The size and the first thing i'd notice is the weight when put side by side, to think it has a larger sensor than Canon's Cropped cameras as well. It's hard to tell when you see photos or watch vLogs and reviews in isolation without picking up a like for like lens combo and see and feel the difference for yourself.

b1dIZ8I.jpg

vDK27Zc.jpg

3GqhIEB.jpg

24dqe6a.jpg

Soldato
I traded in my D3 and big 'pro' lenses for the X gear. I've never looked back. I travel all over the world, so having a camera this 'small' and this capable is a god send.

I was tempted by the Sony A7 cameras, but as their full frame, the lenses are massive.....so negates the point of a smaller camera.

Soldato
Never shot full frame so never been in the same league as you Raymond but I have happily ditched my canon APC gear for the Xt-1.

After using Canon bodies for over 10 years I was blows away right from the first outing with the XT-1, it's become cliche amongst Fuji users but the camera is just so fun to use and makes you fall in love with taking pictures all over again.

Have you checked the firmware is up to date? mine was a few versions behind when I got it.

Caporegime
Never shot full frame so never been in the same league as you Raymond but I have happily ditched my canon APC gear for the Xt-1.

After using Canon bodies for over 10 years I was blows away right from the first outing with the XT-1, it's become cliche amongst Fuji users but the camera is just so fun to use and makes you fall in love with taking pictures all over again.

Have you checked the firmware is up to date? mine was a few versions behind when I got it.

Mine came with Ver. 1.01 !

Not really sure who had it tbh, first, the date and time needed setting and I went to check the camera works, it did, check firmware...saw Ver. 1.01? No wonder it is in such good condition, it's probably a bit crap with that firmware. I didn't get to try it out though, i just went to Fuji and got the latest one out last month, Ver. 5 and installed it.

btw, the above photos were taken with the X-Pro 1, between 1600 ISO to 2000 ISO.

Soldato
Just out of interest has anybody else used the XF60mm for portraiture as opposed to the 56mm? Between f6 & f11 they are supposed to be similar with some arguing the 60mm to be superior and underrated.

Soldato
Just out of interest has anybody else used the XF60mm for portraiture as opposed to the 56mm? Between f6 & f11 they are supposed to be similar with some arguing the 60mm to be superior and underrated.

I used the 60mm before I got the 56mm. It doesn't get used now but was a decent performer, quite slow AF though being a macro lens. At f6-f11 I doubt there is much in it (as with most lenses), the 60mm is still pretty good wide open at f2.4. If you're doing controlled portraits it's probably worth looking at.

Jennie
by jj_glos, on Flickr

Jennie
by jj_glos, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom