Fuji X Series

Caporegime
Just got a Fuji 56/1.2 R.

First impression -

Box - unnecessarily big. Why are they so big? I have bigger L glass or Sigma lenses in smaller boxes.

Construction - It's pretty good, all metal, very tight tolerances. The hood it comes with is a proper full size one and can reverse screw in for compact size and can still shoot the lens with it reverse and still can change the aperture which is handy.

Focus - Slow and loud, on my X-Pro 1 it gives me 85L a run for its money in terms of focus speed which is saying something. I'm sure it'll be faster on the X-Pro 2 or XT-2.
Bokeh - TBC

Sharpness - TBC

Colour - TBC

On a whole, for £770 for a 1.2 is good. Although it's in theory a 1.8 bokeh lens at 85mm which is double of the Canon which I had and focus a miles faster. I wonder why its so slow even though it is internal focusing. The reason the 85L is slow is mostly because it move the front element.

XWI5cRo.jpg

0zD18hb.jpg

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
Looking forward to seeing your work with it, a lens I've been considering for a while now...

I'm presuming you went with the bigger slow 56 1.2 over the faster smaller 50 f2 because you're a bokeh whore ;)

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
I got my bonus the other day, and I have serious itchy desire to upgrade the X-T1 to the X-T2.

Anyone here done it? Worth it?

I've done it but only because I got £200 trade in for some really old cannon gear plus the price they gave me for the gear too and got the battery grip half price.

Total savings £350
Cannon gear £400 (500d and couple of lenses)

Once I've sold my X-T1, the cost to upgrade to X-T2 should have only cost me £450ish so seemed like a no brainier at the time... saying that though I've not really had much chance to get out and use it

Soldato
New firmware for X-T2 and X-Pro2 is out now. Some useful changes for many, like auto iso based on focal length, T exposure up to 15 mins, faster face AF, shoot through EVF and review on LCD, etc.

Not all on the pro2 for some reason

Soldato
Just wondering if any else has the same feeling I do. I've had the X70 for a little while now, and although I haven't used it that many times, I feel that it's just not the same experience using the camera compared to a dslr.
When I'm taking the photo, I do want and try to take a good photo, but somehow I feel a lack of passion and don't feel very immersed in taking the photo. I'm not sure if it's just a lack of viewfinder or what?
I was considering getting an X100T at some point, but I don't want to have the same sort of feeling that I do with the X70.
I mean it's a great pocket camera, and I bought it originally because of that, but I would also like to somewhat enjoy using it as well.

Soldato
Yeah I actually went from an old Nikon D50 to my XT10 and I feel a lot more 'involved' and interested in the way I take photos. My photography had waned a bit and feels a lot more reinvigorated. Fujis are so damn fun to shoot with.

Associate
Just wondering if any else has the same feeling I do. I've had the X70 for a little while now, and although I haven't used it that many times, I feel that it's just not the same experience using the camera compared to a dslr.
When I'm taking the photo, I do want and try to take a good photo, but somehow I feel a lack of passion and don't feel very immersed in taking the photo. I'm not sure if it's just a lack of viewfinder or what?
I was considering getting an X100T at some point, but I don't want to have the same sort of feeling that I do with the X70.
I mean it's a great pocket camera, and I bought it originally because of that, but I would also like to somewhat enjoy using it as well.

The X70 is an interesting camera, I just think Fuji made a massive booboo by not including a viewfinder of some description- you may as well use an X-A1/X-M1 with a pancake for much less money.

For me shooting via the LCD is a tool I use only when I have to. Obviously a viewfinder would have increased the price, but I think it would have drastically improved its appeal.

Back
Top Bottom