Fuji X Series

Soldato
I like it, for the money it is pretty amazing, especially the X-T1, that is just a gem of a camera. With the grip attached I am not worried about battery life at all. Can go most of the day without changing batteries, with a 64G SD card it will also go on forever as the file size are not that big.

ai1xNfl.jpg

This one below taken by my "assistant" on the day.

LfqWNjP.jpg
The file size reduction is such a blessing even more do as I'm trying to just shoot jpeg so the saving compared to RAW on the 5d mkii is fantastic!

I can't believe how nice the xt10
Is for the money!

Soldato
I could post this any where, but as I'm a fuji snapper......

Those with two bodies, do you change the naming format on one of them so eventually at some point, you don't have clashing file names?

ie. default Fuji is DSCFxxxx. One could be changed to BSCFxxxx, for example.

Associate
I could post this any where, but as I'm a fuji snapper......

Those with two bodies, do you change the naming format on one of them so eventually at some point, you don't have clashing file names?

ie. default Fuji is DSCFxxxx. One could be changed to BSCFxxxx, for example.

Dunno why I never thought of this, would have saved me hours :)

Soldato
shouldn't be reading this forum...now am tempted to get x-t1...even tempted to exchange for my d700 ;)
not sure though how it would perform on weddings that I do from time to time ...yes , I still use d700 for weddings ;)

Soldato
I have been asked to shoot a local fashion show sometime in the future and am wondering what lenses everybody would you recommend? I'm thinking the 35/1.4, the 56/1.2 and the 50-140. Never done one of these before so it will be a nice experience if I can do a good job? I have been asked because the client appreciated some of my previous street/portraiture work. Any tips would be greatfully appreciated.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just ordered a Fuji 23mm f2 to replace the 23mm 1.4 that I, via methods and means unknown to modern science, lost. Paid £370 in my local currency brand new so damn good deal methinks.

I am going on a trip to the USA next week so it should be the perfect size for some discreet snapping. :)

Soldato
Just ordered a Fuji 23mm f2 to replace the 23mm 1.4 that I, via methods and means unknown to modern science, lost. Paid £370 in my local currency brand new so damn good deal methinks.

I am going on a trip to the USA next week so it should be the perfect size for some discreet snapping. :)

I can't decide bettween the two there is so little in it price wise, I'm leaning towards the f2 as it's more compact but the f1.4 is hardly a giant and I have the 27mm for when I want tiny!

Caporegime
I can't decide bettween the two there is so little in it price wise, I'm leaning towards the f2 as it's more compact but the f1.4 is hardly a giant and I have the 27mm for when I want tiny!
So little in it pricewise? The 23mm 1.4 is almost double the price of the f2...

As much as I love the extra DOF, the focussing motor is loud and unrefined. I will wait for the Mk II version before buying another, unless I can find one dirt cheap second hand.

Soldato
So little in it pricewise? The 23mm 1.4 is almost double the price of the f2...

As much as I love the extra DOF, the focussing motor is loud and unrefined. I will wait for the Mk II version before buying another, unless I can find one dirt cheap second hand.

I was looking second hand, the f2 seems to hold it's price better so the difference while still big as a % isn't huge in terms of cash it's not like the f1.4 is canon L prices!

Caporegime
I was looking second hand, the f2 seems to hold it's price better so the difference while still big as a % isn't huge in terms of cash it's not like the f1.4 is canon L prices!
Ahh I see. Yeah, used make it much harder to choose unless you need a more rugged lens and don't care about the extra DOF. :)

Associate
Always been a fearce Canon user untill i bought a Sony a6k last year.. Sadly my Sony was stolen so i had to buy a new camera... i knew i wanted something small ish but still with decent controls. Ended up snagging a Fuji X-E1 with some lens adapters for my m42 lenses and LOVE it!

Caporegime
I don't find the 23/1.4 focusing unrefined or slow. The 35/1.4 is the one that's the slower lens.

You are welcome to your opinion of course, the 23mm 1.4 may not be dog slow but it is noticeably slower in than my 35mm f2 and sounds like a screw-drive to boot. There are comparisons you can find on the web comparing the 23mm 1.4 to the 23mm f2 and they all say the same regarding AF speed and noise. http://www.thephoblographer.com/201...ujifilm-23mm-f2-r-wr-vs-fujifilm-23mm-f1-4-r/

Caporegime
I don't need to read other people's findings as I had them all and I found the 23/1.4 to be quite snappy, even compared to the 35/2.0.

I'm not saying the 23/1.4 is fast or as fast but its certainly not to the detriment of the lens. I don't even notice the difference.
Like I said, each to their own and you can choose to wilfuly ignore whatever amateur or professional views you like. For me it was sometimes a hindrance, especially with continuous autofocus tracking... and then not to mention video where the focus noise was extremely prominent. Even manual focus produced some discernible noise.

Associate
I have to admit i’m Too poor to buy Fuji lenses so only use vintage / classic manual focus lenses but I have found the focus assist peaking quite a pain in the bum as it is only available in white. On my Sony I used red/green/yellow so that it contrasted better against the image I was taking, could be my lenses fault though.

Caporegime
I have to admit i’m Too poor to buy Fuji lenses so only use vintage / classic manual focus lenses but I have found the focus assist peaking quite a pain in the bum as it is only available in white. On my Sony I used red/green/yellow so that it contrasted better against the image I was taking, could be my lenses fault though.

You can't change peaking colour? Usually there is red, yellow etc. What camera do you have?

Back
Top Bottom