Fuji X Series

Soldato
I'm taking a trip to my local camera store tomorrow, tempted to pick up an XT2 with the 18-55mm XF Lens

Anyone have one of these, is the 18-55m any good?

I'm undecided though, I'm looking for something smaller than my DSLR for travel but also I need 4K.. I'm considering a Sony (6300/6500) for the Video side but there is a nice trade in offer on the Fuji and I've had my eye on a XT2 for a while.

Soldato
I didn't have time on the weekend to go to the camera store but will be tomorrow.

What would you say are the must have lenses in the Fuji Range... many I want something for travel but I'm also thinking something for portraits and street.

56 1.2... 35???

Also can someone recommend a nice strap, hand strap and case?

Caporegime
I didn't have time on the weekend to go to the camera store but will be tomorrow.

What would you say are the must have lenses in the Fuji Range... many I want something for travel but I'm also thinking something for portraits and street.

56 1.2... 35???

Also can someone recommend a nice strap, hand strap and case?

16/1.4, 23/1.4, 35/1.4, 56/1.2

The zooms are not bad either but the 2.8 zooms are not cheap, they do have IS though.

If you are just get 2, then 23 and 56.

Soldato
16/1.4, 23/1.4, 35/1.4, 56/1.2

The zooms are not bad either but the 2.8 zooms are not cheap, they do have IS though.

If you are just get 2, then 23 and 56.

Thanks!

I do want a zoom as well, it come with the 18-55 which I hope is OK but is it worth getting the Body only and selecting a different zoom?

also just noticed there are 2 56mm available.. whats the difference?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thanks!

I do want a zoom as well, it come with the 18-55 which I hope is OK but is it worth getting the Body only and selecting a different zoom?

also just noticed there are 2 56mm available.. whats the difference?

The APD gives smoother bokeh in exchange losing some light in T-stop. You also lose phase detect focusing...its also more expensive. Great lens if you shoots only portraits, it's a very specific lens.

Soldato
Thanks all, I'm going to have a look today, if I get a 56mm I'll get the non APD I think as I'm not sure the APD version is worth the extra for what I'll do.

Also size/weight will play a factor and when I get there I may even choose something different.

I think I'm going to go with a Gariz Case for it if I can find somewhere with stock or short delivery time.

I'm struggling to find a wrist strap though, any recommendations?

Associate
The APD gives smoother bokeh in exchange losing some light in T-stop. You also lose phase detect focusing...its also more expensive. Great lens if you shoots only portraits, it's a very specific lens.

Don't bother getting the APD version ; not really worth it. The standard 56mm f1.2 has virtually identical IQ, is cheaper and faster focusing. For street photography definitely have a look at the 23mm f1.4, and possibly the 35mm f1.4 ( depending on what focal lengths you work best with ). The 90mm f2 is also a great portrait lens particularly for outdoors, or in larger indoor areas, where you have a bit more room to work with.

Back
Top Bottom