Fuji X Series

Soldato
Just hit the buy button on the X100T. Can't wait! :D
I was going to wait and have a feel of the X100T against the X-T1, but one came up on eBay as new condition 400 shots taken and almost full warranty for £612.
Couldn't say no.

Associate
Just out of interest, what IS setting is everybody using and why- and for the 56mm what are your favourite aperture settings pending environmental conditions.

When using my 56mm I tend to shoot wide open at f1.2 .... I may stop it down to 1.4 or 1.8 if I want some extra DOF. For IS ( using the 50-140 or 100-400 ) I mostly use setting 2 .... I get more in focus shots compared to when I use setting 1.

Soldato
When using my 56mm I tend to shoot wide open at f1.2 .... I may stop it down to 1.4 or 1.8 if I want some extra DOF. For IS ( using the 50-140 or 100-400 ) I mostly use setting 2 .... I get more in focus shots compared to when I use setting 1.
I recently set mine to number 2 IS on the 50-140 &100-400 having previously used setting 1. I'm just trying to get to know the 56mm.

Soldato
Anyone shoot a lot of automotive work with an XT1? Ive got a circular polariser filter to reduce reflections on cars but the effect in the viewfinder isn't nearly as pronounced as on my old D60 - any advice?

olv

olv

Soldato
Anyone shoot a lot of automotive work with an XT1? Ive got a circular polariser filter to reduce reflections on cars but the effect in the viewfinder isn't nearly as pronounced as on my old D60 - any advice?

It's probably just the viewfinder compensating the exposure automatically. Try half pressing the shutter to lock the exposure and then adjusting.

Soldato
Had the XT10 with the 35mm F2.0 for a few weeks now and wow the quality of the images right out of camera is insane. Bokeh is great and the colours , sharpness are bang on.
I'm so tempted to just sell up on my canon gear and switch completely over. That XT2 looks tasty

Soldato
Had the XT10 with the 35mm F2.0 for a few weeks now and wow the quality of the images right out of camera is insane. Bokeh is great and the colours , sharpness are bang on.
I'm so tempted to just sell up on my canon gear and switch completely over. That XT2 looks tasty

In a very similar boat and I've only had my XT-10 and kit lens a week, huge step up from the EOS-M and I just can't see myself picking up the 5d mkii often enough to justify owning it while it depreciates like a stone. I'm just waiting on some sales of kit to go through before I pull the trigger on a 27mm pancake and then I have to make up my mind what other prime(s) I want to compliment it with 23 or 35, f1.4 or f2 hmmmm

Soldato
I can't speak for the XT2 but I have the XT10 and 35/f2. At the time it was the same price as getting the kit lens and I've always loved my primes so :cool:

I find myself using the camera a lot more than I did my Nikon gear. Not to copy the old cliché but Fujis really are a lot of fun to use. I don't see why any hobbyist would want to go the SLR route nowadays.

Associate
I've actually tried that on the 100-400 without much success. I think that is why I changed to IS2 with the added advantage of saving a bit more on battery life.

If you use mode 1 on the telephotos it can actually make the final image on shutter release less sharp. Mode 1 is nice for stabilising the image in the viewfinder, but that's all really .....

Soldato
Have you also got the Samyang 12mm? A comparison would be good if you could mate
No afraid not. I was deliberating between the two for a while but with the XF14 currently on refurb from Fuji for £500 I jumped at the chance. I had rented it before so was already smitten with it. I saw a couple of street portraits on the 12mm and it looked just a little bit too wide for that sort of thing compared to the XF14.

I know a lot of people are super-happy with the 12mm though. If you really only want to do landscapes there's not much advantage to the XF14.

Back
Top Bottom