Fuji X Series

Soldato
Love them both equally but the 35 1.4 is more adaptable and a lens that just does it for me. I have had the 35 1.4 longer so my fondness for it is probably down to that and my experience with it. I have only had the 56mm for two months.

Last edited:
Soldato
The rendering from the 56 is beautiful, the only downside is the AF speed is a bit lacking, especially against the more recent lenses (90, 35/f2). I sold mine somewhat reluctantly a few weeks ago because I found myself picking with the 35 or 90 instead for the AF speed and WR so it seemed wasteful keeping a lens I very rarely used.

I haven't used it myself but you might want to take a look at the 50/2, it's cheaper, lighter, faster and weather-sealed although you lose the F1.2 of course.

Caporegime
The rendering from the 56 is beautiful, the only downside is the AF speed is a bit lacking, especially against the more recent lenses (90, 35/f2). I sold mine somewhat reluctantly a few weeks ago because I found myself picking with the 35 or 90 instead for the AF speed and WR so it seemed wasteful keeping a lens I very rarely used.

I haven't used it myself but you might want to take a look at the 50/2, it's cheaper, lighter, faster and weather-sealed although you lose the F1.2 of course.
Im really hoping that Fuji bring out MkII versions of the 23mm/35mm f1.4 and the 56mm f1.2, but sadly I'm not sure if it's going to happen or not.

Associate
Wish I never found this thread, grrr!

Since owning an RX100 mki I never used my Nikon D300, which I gave to my sister.

Last year I stupidly lost the RX100 on holiday and hence been without decent camera since, with everyone being captured on iPhone which is real shame and not how I want to continue.

Live in Switzerland and hike a lot, majority of pics are vast mountain/lake shots. Whilst awaiting rx100 mkvi to make an appearance, really tempted by the x-t2,
Probably with the 18-55 kit. Another benefit of getting the x-t2 I suppose is my abroad holidays are spent in kitesurfing destinations so something I can put a long zoom on for video would be bonus.

How portable are you finding the Fuji? Any recommendations on lens for really portable, compact hiking option. Lens for reaching out to the surf?

Cheers!!

Caporegime
Wish I never found this thread, grrr!

Since owning an RX100 mki I never used my Nikon D300, which I gave to my sister.

Last year I stupidly lost the RX100 on holiday and hence been without decent camera since, with everyone being captured on iPhone which is real shame and not how I want to continue.

Live in Switzerland and hike a lot, majority of pics are vast mountain/lake shots. Whilst awaiting rx100 mkvi to make an appearance, really tempted by the x-t2,
Probably with the 18-55 kit. Another benefit of getting the x-t2 I suppose is my abroad holidays are spent in kitesurfing destinations so something I can put a long zoom on for video would be bonus.

How portable are you finding the Fuji? Any recommendations on lens for really portable, compact hiking option. Lens for reaching out to the surf?

Cheers!!

I find the X-T2 and 16mm portable enough for hiking and it has the best IQ of all the wide primes. The 14mm is smaller but less IQ than the 16mm. The 10-24mm is more versatile than bothand has good IQ.

Go on the Fuji website and look at the lens range, you will see the long zoom lens options.

Soldato
Also consider the Samyang 12mm f2.
Works quite well with red focus peaking. Took me a little time to find it's sweet spot with focusing but it's a little beauty. I'm staying over at Ruthing Castle so its getting plenty of use on the XT2 at the moment.

@Grumpy beard. If you cant wait get it with some of the suggestions quoted above. If you can wait then hopefully the XE3 will be with us soon and its is reported to be more compact than the XE2. How you would cope with a lens that would reach out to the surf on it would be a different matter due to size and balance.

On the XT2 the 100-400 has become my most used lens. Fantastic lens in good/average light.

Last edited:
Soldato
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_e3/

X-E3 launched. Looks good. Touchscreen, bluetooth, 4K video and the latest sensor. Nice.
I've been waiting for this. Looks like it will make an ideal replacement for the XE2 I was using for general out and about shooting. Apart from the usual upgrades I want to know how responsive it will be with the 56mm? The only lens I had quick performance from on an XE2 was the F2 35mm.

Soldato
How much do you think the X-E2S will drop to? My girlfriend has been mildly interested in replacing her Canon 500D (she never takes it out due to bulk). With my XT10, 35/f2 and 14/f2.8, I think I should persuade her to buy one with the 16-50 kit lens or maybe the 23/f2 no? :p

Soldato
How much do you think the X-E2S will drop to? My girlfriend has been mildly interested in replacing her Canon 500D (she never takes it out due to bulk). With my XT10, 35/f2 and 14/f2.8, I think I should persuade her to buy one with the 16-50 kit lens or maybe the 23/f2 no? :p
might be a few second hand deals pop up from upgraders, fuji kit is great value second hand.

Soldato
Christmas will mean an XE3 and the 80mm macro I hope. I'm just mulling over shifting the 50-140 and the 60mm to help pay for it. Ive pretty much got the range covered with the 56mm and the 100-400 with the 1.4 convertor which can be used on the 80mm.

Back
Top Bottom