Fuji X Series

Soldato
Well I tried a few cameras and ended up with the one I intended... ie the XT2

I got the kit and also the 56 1.2. Already in love with the 56mm it's amazing! I've ordered the 23mm and will pick that up on Saturday and if I'm in a good mood the 35 to :)

The only wrist strap they had was the Peak Design which I purchased as a tempory measure until I can find one I like.. also need to order a case but think I'll get the Gariz. Bought a nice little bag Tenba bag which can carry the camera with lens and another 2 or 3 lenses, very compact and really nice.

XT2.jpg

Hope to go out tonight to try it out. I'm going away next weekend so this will be my travel gear.

Soldato
I got it on Etsy, and for the X-T1 I actually use a peak wrist strap. As for the Garic leather case, once I got the battery grip it stayed in the box so if I were you I'd save your money as you have the grip.

OK thanks. I doubt I'll use the grip much though as it adds a fair bit of bulk, I only got it as Fuji have a 1/2 price offer on it until the end of the month and I'm sure it will come in handy at some stage for video or something.

I actually ordered the official Fuji X-T2 case last night which arrived this morning, It's not bad but I'm not sure I like the base as it seems a bit too thick for my liking, it did have a door for battery access though which I wasn't expecting. I'll have a proper look tonight and send it back if I still don't like it.

Soldato
The grip makes the EVF to be 100hz for smoother viewing, it does boost mode for increase FPS and also need it for audio jack if you ever need a mic. Plus you can have 2 more batteries in it.

That's interesting as I didn't know about the EVF bit, I'll have to give it a go tonight. The shop threw in a couple of spare batteries so why not :)

Associate

I got the kit and also the 56 1.2. Already in love with the 56mm it's amazing! I've ordered the 23mm and will pick that up on Saturday and if I'm in a good mood the 35 to :)

The only wrist strap they had was the Peak Design which I purchased as a tempory measure until I can find one I like.. also need to order a case but think I'll get the Gariz. Bought a nice little bag Tenba bag which can carry the camera with lens and another 2 or 3 lenses, very compact and really nice.

Hope to go out tonight to try it out. I'm going away next weekend so this will be my travel gear.

Nice setup. The Tenba bags are brilliant.

Last edited:
Soldato
Shout out for Deadcamera's straps. I got the wrist strap from them. Looks lovely and very comfy, especially when it softens up.

When I want a shoulder strap I use my Blackrapid which is a leftover from my Nikon SLR gear. Looks a bit excessive for my XT10 though, so I'm tempted to get a nice looking shoulder/neck strap :o

EDIT: Just realised they now do quick release connectors..
EDIT2: That Tenba bag looks nice, where can you get them in the UK?

Soldato

XT2.jpg

How does the Tenba compare to a Vanguard Uprise ii 38 (which is the bag I use)?

Soldato

In design they look to be pretty similar, personally I just like the quality of Tenba and Thinktank bags so they tend to be the ones I buy these days.

Have to say I'm loving the X-T2. I bought a 10-24 lens also on the weekend and it is so sharp, really impressed. Actually I am going to need a bigger bag, I've built a lens collection quicker than I expected :)

Associate

The two standout features of the Tenba for me are the silent velcro and the magnetic toggles on the top flap. When closed, there's no way you can pull the flap open, but touch the toggles from the side and they slide off. To reattach, hold over studs and they pop on themselves. Brilliant and simple.

Soldato
Silent velcro would be a blessing. I missed a couple of shots because of it. Saying that the Vanguard has a magnetic flap over the top zip to avoid needing to use the fkap that is held in place by the velcro.

Soldato
Just come across a rumour about a possible XE3 on flipboard:
... it has been said that the X-E3 will sport the AF Joystick that both the X-T2 and X-Pro2 have, which would be a MAJOR one-up over the X-T20. As well, it’s also been reported that the X-E3 will feature Bluetooth (and X-Series first) and 4K video (making the X-Pro2 the only X-Trans III based camera without it) and is expected to be smaller than the X-E2 – how much smaller.
I might not have to buy the Xpro 2 as a general knock-about to replace my XE2 after all. (Source: Phoblographer.com)

Last edited:

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
Hey Guys, it feels like forever since I last posted on here... I've started a new job and with moving house too been a nightmare all at the same time... Anyway!

I was hoping to buy the 56 1.2 from Fuji refurb but, they haven't got them in stock. Now I'm very tempted to get the 35 1.4 instead or do I wait until the 56 is back in stock?

Caporegime
Hey Guys, it feels like forever since I last posted on here... I've started a new job and with moving house too been a nightmare all at the same time... Anyway!

I was hoping to buy the 56 1.2 from Fuji refurb but, they haven't got them in stock. Now I'm very tempted to get the 35 1.4 instead or do I wait until the 56 is back in stock?

It's a completely different lens…which one do you want?

Back
Top Bottom