Funeral goes badly

Soldato
On a more serious note, it's probably quite easy to resolve. Just be honest and explain that it brought back a lot of feelings that you struggled with at the time. You're sorry for making a scene and offer your condolences.

Caporegime
Wtf is wrong with you op?
I guess I'll find out when I read the whole thread....
Hmm well you know you're a bad dog and you should get the rolled up newspaper on the nose.
Try getting some empathy... Though I suspect that is probably part of your diagnosis.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Why don't her family like you? Do you treat their relation like ****?

You ballsed up by walking out, should've just sat there keeping quiet pouring drink down your throat instead.

Soldato
On a more serious note, it's probably quite easy to resolve. Just be honest and explain that it brought back a lot of feelings that you struggled with at the time. You're sorry for making a scene and offer your condolences. I wouldn't wait around too long.

Soldato
OP, never EVER come looking for sympathy on here. You will get ripped a new one.

Everyone makes mistakes, emotions are high, hindsight is a wonderful thing, past is the past etc etc etc

You made an error..........but, that's now in the past. Can't change it, don't dwell on it. What you do now is the important thing, and the question you should really be asking.

NOW.....any hotties at the funeral?

Soldato
Some people have no respect for tradition. Everyone knows that the correct response is to get roaring drunk at the wake and throw an ill judged punch before being forcibly removed from the premises.

In the village I grew up in, the local dingle males could usually be found bare chested, double figure pints down in the beck fighting each other with an audience of locals and ducks. Happy days.

Caporegime
Simple question to the OP: You imply that you are a bit tramatised still, after your own mum's funeral.

How would you have felt if your wife had walked out on that?

Soldato
Your supposed to get drunk and start throwing punches OP. Shame on you.

But jokes aside you should have stayed with your wife. BUT I know that hate between families can get a little tricky. Im 50/50 on this.

Caporegime
Can only echo what everyone else has said.

You're meant to support the people you love/care for. Not be a dramatic ********.

Soldato
I don't think you did a lot wrong. You went to the funeral and showed your face at the wake, your partners family clearly don't like you very much so you didn't stay too long. Why would you stay at a social event where most people at best aren't interested in talking to you? You did go to the funeral and supported your partner.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP you messed up, messed up big.

This is pretty much a un-recoverble position. The only way you will gain any points is a large lottery win and sharing the wealth with those that hate you. They will still hate you and will milk you dry for all its worth. Only then will you have "paid enough back" for the mistake you made and they will hate you.

Soldato
Is she giving you the cold shoulder now?

What's done is done, not much you can do now. If she's grieving, now is probably not the best time to talk about your reasons for leaving.

Soldato
I don't think you did a lot wrong. You went to the funeral and showed your face at the wake, your partners family clearly don't like you very much so you didn't stay too long. Why would you stay at a social event where most people at best aren't interested in talking to you? You did go to the funeral and supported your partner.

I agree, you turned up to see the old guy off. You showed your face at the wake. And then left. Plenty of people do that.

Soldato
I think you did the right thing OP. How on earth else is your wife going to respect you and value you in the future if you don't lay down the law like this, ignore her feelings and needs and just say **** this for a game of soldiers, I'm off, look after yourself. Your relationship with her will be stronger and, by seeing your example first hand, I reckon her family will come around soon too.

Hang on a minute, that's the wrong way round. Nope, big screw up. Time to apologise and empathise now, and mean it.

NB - do NOT bump off the other parent in order to swiftly demonstrate your newly restored competence at another funeral. This would be a significant strategic mistake. You'll have to wait for nature to run its course.

Back
Top Bottom