Futeko Mali400 ICS 7" Tablet with HDMI, £99 looks good?

• Thread starter Thread starter mrk
  • Start date Start date
Its about teh same sound I make if i hit my thumb with a hammer..........and the sounds im making as I currently try to swap out my CPU cooler!...

Hence why im asking lol.

A friend has a similar one, same chipset etc. but in a different casing. He also has a Touchpad, iPad and Nook running Android. He said this cheap tablet is pretty good, but he wouldn't recommend it for general tablet use as the CPU means that some stuff doesn't work on it. Also the screen isn't fantastic when compared to the Nook. He uses it as a 'by the bed' tablet for a bit of gaming, browsing etc.

As a follow up to this I was able to get a look at his tablet and was really impressed! It's a 'Ainol (lol) NOVO7 Paladin' which has a really fast MIPS CPU (not the same as the tablet in the OP after all) and it runs Ice Cream Sandwich as smooth as anything. I was so impressed that I got one myself for me and my son. I mainly wanted a tablet for browsing, Kindle, internet radio, the odd game and playing video over DLNA for my son as he has loads of Fireman Sam etc/ DVDs ripped. The speaker is really loud/good quality which is ideal for the the video and radio use.

The only real downside is because its a MIPS CPU there are less apps available in the market, but everything I want is there, BubbleUPNP, Kindle etc. Apparently support has got a lot better and will continue to do so as these CPUs are ideal for tablet use. Also the screen viewing angles aren't brilliant, but I don't mind this as it stops people looking over your shoulder!

Here's a video of it I made playing Angry birds and shows how smooth the menus etc are:

The best thing about this tablet? It cost me £85 delivered. I messaged an ebay seller asking how much to get one off of ebay and he was willing to knock off the cost of postage as he would save on ebay fees. If anyone wants details of the guy on ebay then send me a message in trust and I'll pass it on but there are a few people selling them on the bay you could try (he selling for £85 plus £6.95 postage on there and it arrived next day).

Last edited:
Looks really good!

My workmate says his has likely arrived as a package was waiting at his home today. I won't see him again until Thursday but he has promised to bring it in so I can have a look at it.

Rather fast shipping!

Ooook....dont know if I was in the first batch or what.... but....

UPDATE 7-JAN 2:20pm - Pre order batch #1, with despatch certain for 9-JAN, has sold out. All pre-orders are now for pre-order batch #2, and are indicated by [batch#2] after the item title in the Paypal shopping cart. Batch #2 has an estimated despatch date of 16-JAN. We take full payment up front for all the pre-orders, it's difficult to get Paypal to operate any other way. But if you want a refund at any point between placing the pre-order and your item being despatched just email us and we'll get it done quickly. Thanks for all the interest!

I dont really mind about waiting..but ya know whats it like when waiting for a new toy lol.

Nothing in the email recipt no# number in teh title or anything, but have sent them an email if they could check at all.

If I do get one I'll probably only use it to read PDF magazines that I get each other week and also some eBooks. The Touchpad is just a bit too bulky for that kind of stuff in bed and I feel like there's a cat sitting on my stomach when lying there reading ¬_¬

Back
Top Bottom