Futeko Mali400 ICS 7" Tablet with HDMI, £99 looks good?

• Thread starter Thread starter mrk
  • Start date Start date
Robbie, I read a lot of comics on my SGS2 at the moment, but feel a 50% screen size upgrade might make this enjoyable.

My concern is going from a SAMOLED+ screen to this one's TFT.

Do you think the screen quality shift will render the size increase moot?

You’ll still have the same view of course (same res) but things will be a bit bigger but TBH I don’t feel the sharpness for small text will improve because of the vast difference between this LCD and the S2’s SAMOLED.

Is there an online comic you read? I could snap a pic at work of the same comic on my S2 next to one on the tablet.

questions :

Is there ICS availible for it already ?
anyone placed an order even though it shows out of stock ? any news when they will have any more ?

There is but it's beta so has a few bugs.

I've noticed a few things after looking deeper.

There is no Accounts & Sync area in Settings so can't see a way of moddifying accounts to sync with and a lot of apps aren't compatible in the Market so you'll have to use other Market apps like SlideMe/GetJar etc it seems.

You’ll still have the same view of course (same res) but things will be a bit bigger but TBH I don’t feel the sharpness for small text will improve because of the vast difference between this LCD and the S2’s SAMOLED.

Is there an online comic you read? I could snap a pic at work of the same comic on my S2 next to one on the tablet.

I mean proper comics using PerfectViewer. I didn't read them on my Desire, so I don't know how different LCD would look in terms of colour saturation and contrast. If it's all washed out, I'd rather stick with the smaller screen.

To me the real killer is the screen. I hate being spoiled by good screens (Dell U2711 and HP Touchpad at home) plus my SGS2 for mobile use as it means I really suffer when I have to use another bad screen again.

I mean proper comics using PerfectViewer. I didn't read them on my Desire, so I don't know how different LCD would look in terms of colour saturation and contrast. If it's all washed out, I'd rather stick with the smaller screen.

Well if youve used an lcd phone before i wouldnt think youd need a comic on screen to see the difference in image quality between that and a samoled?

If you install another browser like Boat and have the UA set to Android then iPlayer site sees it as such and loads the site in the other style which should play them better too.

I have Boat installed and was using that, not sure how you mean by the UA set to Android however.

Sorry you mean..User AGent?...mines on Droind but no use.

Went theru them again..on and off, streaming fine now, but the sound of slightly out of sync...grrrrr...

Last edited:
robbie, does it support flash?

looking to get one for work to test as a BEMS interface, just wondered if it supports this?

Take a look here then, the Novo Elf, better res, bigger battery: http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/...id-4-0-tablet-pc-Multi-Core-1-2GHz-Multi.html

Model Ainol Novo 7 ELF
Operation System Google Android 4.0 ICS
CPU Allwinner A10 1.2GHz Cortex A8
RAM DDR3 1GB
Nand Flash 8GB
Screen 7 inch Capacitive Multi Screen, Resolution: 1024x600Pixels. 5-Point
Wireless WiFi 802.11b/g/n.
Webcam Front 1.3MP
G-sensor 4 Way G-sensor
Graphics Type Integrated Graphics, Supports 1080P video (1920*1080)
Ports
1 x Mini USB OTG
1 x TF Card slot
1 x Earphone Jack

Keys Power on/Off; Return; Menu.
Battery 3800mAH 7.4V Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
Working Time 5-6hours with Wi-Fi on. 6-7 hours with Wi-Fi off.
Power Device AC Adapter Input 100/240V
Dimensions 190X120X12mm
Net Weight About 340g
Color Black
Android Market Support Android Market Place
Flash Player Support Flash 10.3
Office Support MS Office Word, PPT, Excel
Gaming Built-in 3D Accelerator. Powerful 3D gaming
Email Gmail, POP3/SMTP/IMAP4. Emailing is easier than ever before when there is network connection
Video AVI, MP4, FLV, 3GP, MKV, WMV (1080p) etc. Please note that some video formats may require additional downloaded software from the Android Market
Audio MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC, WAV etc.
Picture JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
E-Book PDF, TXT etc.
Accessories
1 x Tablet PC
1 x USB Cable
1 x Earphone
1 x OTG Cable
1 x HDMI Cable
1 x User Manual(Chinese)
1 x Standard Charger

*NOTE: Wierdly.. if you look at the "mcBub" site, the specs for the camera and battery are slightly different.

Looking at these tablets makes me wonder if I should cancel my order for my LG Optimus 2X, order one of these instead, and put up with my basic 2005 mobile.

Last edited:
Does look a lot better:

ainol-novo-7-elf-android-4.0-gadgetfreakz.png

Also.. apparently the Novo Aurora has an IPS screen. (Although possibly not as fast as the Elf.. trying to work that out at the moment - Hopefully before my Lg Optimus 2X ships lol). If these things would accept a data SIM, I would have ordered already lol.

Back
Top Bottom