Futeko Mali400 ICS 7" Tablet with HDMI, £99 looks good?

• Thread starter Thread starter mrk
  • Start date Start date
Which is just over £100 ;-) (Although once again.. no GPS which is a shame for such a device).

Update: And then there's the Novo Wizard (although there is some confusion over whether this is actually the 'Elf')

Last edited:
Depends on the hardware in the Fire. (I've not read the specs)

Thank you for that poignant statement, thought I realise googling "kindle fire specifications" before posting would have been challenging. :p

Tbh, all these tabs suck. I can't stand cheap tat. :)

Some have their uses and are good build quality... but in general it's always worth investing in something decent.

Thank you for that poignant statement, thought I realise googling "kindle fire specifications" before posting would have been challenging. :p

Like you wouldn't believe! :p :D I did look up the kindle specs later. Nice to see it's a dual core! Was pretty surprised.

Some have their uses and are good build quality... but in general it's always worth investing in something decent.

I'd always recommend getting a brand product over a no(real) brand product unless the price difference was significant.

Well could be the end of this already, for the life of me I cannot get this thing to play back videos, that I can skip ahead with ok, is in sync ( sound wise) and, well basically plays the formats.

Tried a few players now.

I got one of these to mess around out of interest. It's certainly a lot of tablet for the cash and runs games much better than my HTC Flyer does. The screen does seem better than the Ainol Novo 7 Paladin I had, I decided to get rid of that due to the MIPs CPU not being well supported in the market. Now able to play things like GTA III and a few other apps I missed like Twitter and Facebook so more than pleased with the Teclast for now! Although that Novo 7 Elf does look interesting too as the screen is probably the only thing that I'd want improved on the Teclast (although it's really not that bad).

Oh, got mine from eBay again as well rather than the link in the OP as they were sold out (I made an offer to do the deal £10 cheaper off of eBay which works very often :D ).

Ainol Novo 7 Elf, is that an Arm core in it that I see. Its making reference to an A10 which I know is a Arm chip design.

Ainol Novo 7 Elf does look mighty tasty, but if you can route a Fire and stick ICS on it without issue the Fire's spec does seem a bit stronger. Dual cores would be nice :)

Ainol Novo 7 Aurora is interesting but its about £150-160, I have considered ordering from some of the country sites that ship externally.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom