• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

G-Sync pulsar

Caporegime
Nvidias next evolution to keep it the gold standard for VRR?

TNfQHjS.png

Not quite fully related to the above but finally something, which shows what sets gsync apart from adaptive/free sync! This was always the main advantage of gsync module over non gsync modules, it's not really required for oled due to how oled handles motion and the instantaneous pixel response but for LCD screens, it was/is quite the game changer.

8gCVlHh.png

Last edited:
Ah more stuff which most people still can't tell the difference on.

No issues with more tech but really who is this for, what problem does it resolve if at all.

Is this Nvidia inventing a problem that doesn't exist and selling a solution to it?

Ah more stuff which most people still can't tell the difference on.

No issues with more tech but really who is this for, what problem does it resolve if at all.

Is this Nvidia inventing a problem that doesn't exist and selling a solution to it?

For people who value crystal clear motion clarity and want VRR too. Nvidia are first to the market with this and it will probably cater towards those who value the CRT days (although oled is great for motion, it still isn't quite on par with CRT)

BFI generally can make frametime spikes more apparent thus reduce the feeling of smoothness, not to mention, sometimes the ghosting/halo like outer edges so I imagine the gsync module along with VRR + variable overdrive is aiming to resolve some of these issues.

Probably won't be for me due to BFI usually resulting in a dimmer image/lower brightness but perhaps nvidias method may make this a less of an issue too.

For people who value crystal clear motion clarity and want VRR too. Nvidia are first to the market with this and it will probably cater towards those who value the CRT days (although oled is great for motion, it still isn't quite on par with CRT)

BFI generally can make frametime spikes more apparent thus reduce the feeling of smoothness, not to mention, sometimes the ghosting/halo like outer edges so I imagine the gsync module along with VRR + variable overdrive is aiming to resolve some of these issues.

Probably won't be for me due to BFI usually resulting in a dimmer image/lower brightness but perhaps nvidias method may make this a less of an issue too.
There's value in anything if you make it up as well.

I will question the value of this when testing in a variety of games.

Maybe this will be noticable in valorant and not WOW, who knows.

Many people already don't see value in many things thats on PC even if they have access to it because it does not resolve anything or is a solution to anything.

I ask again, what problem does this provide a solution for?

Good gaming monitors just don't have these issues unless you introduce them with in-game settings or mods.

There's value in anything if you make it up as well.

I will question the value of this when testing in a variety of games.

Maybe this will be noticable in valorant and not WOW, who knows.

Many people already don't see value in many things thats on PC even if they have access to it because it does not resolve anything or is a solution to anything.

I ask again, what problem does this provide a solution for?

Good gaming monitors just don't have these issues unless you introduce them with in-game settings or mods.

Made up?

Why do people buy high refresh rate monitors and want high fps? Usually because they want a smoother image, better motion, less lag.

What would you rather have?

mNbG9zO.png

If you want that improvement, then you pay up as you would for when it comes to wanting anything "improved/better".

This is going to be more beneficial for LCD monitors than OLED but there is still a use case even here and yes, it is primarily going to benefit competitive shooters the most.

If you're questioning what the point of this is then no offence but it clearly isn't aimed for someone like you and sounds like you're better of to make do with consoles if you don't cae about high fps, motion and so on.

Even on a 175hz QD-oled screen (arguably one of the best for motion clarity), I still see "blur" in moving images like this:

This is where BFI/gsync pulsar would make the motion even more crisp.

Made up?

Why do people buy high refresh rate monitors and want high fps? Usually because they want a smoother image, better motion, less lag.

What would you rather have?

mNbG9zO.png

If you want that improvement, then you pay up as you would for when it comes to wanting anything "improved/better".

This is going to be more beneficial for LCD monitors than OLED but there is still a use case even here and yes, it is primarily going to benefit competitive shooters the most.

If you're questioning what the point of this is then no offence but it clearly isn't aimed for someone like you and sounds like you're better of to make do with consoles if you don't cae about high fps, motion and so on.
So the solution essentially is already there.

So again, what problem does this solve if it's already available.

What game and type of games does the value of this warrant it.

This absolutely reeks of a problem that Nvidia is trying to fabricate and sell you a solution for it.

By the way, the main game I play 70% of the time is world of Warcraft.

So the solution essentially is already there.

So again, what problem does this solve if it's already available.

What game and type of games does the value of this warrant it.

This absolutely reeks of a problem that Nvidia is trying to fabricate and sell you a solution for it.

By the way, the main game I play 70% of the time is world of Warcraft.

Where's the solution exactly? To my knowledge there is no monitor with BFI where vrr works (without issues)

Did you even read the post what it looks to "improve"?

Where's the solution exactly? To my knowledge there is no monitor with BFI where vrr works (without issues)

Did you even read the post what it looks to "improve"?
What and where is the known issue is this module suppose to fix.

Giving me a fringe scenario where you really have to dig to have this issue is looking for a problem that really doesn't exist and letting Nvidia sell you a solution to a problem that people just aren't having.

Back
Top Bottom