• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

G80 Pics

OcUK Staff
HI there

Looks like an absolute monster!!
Two PCI-E connectors though, how much power does this beat require?

Plus H20/Air hybrid, so does that mean you can air cool it but if you H20 cool then you can clock it more or must it be H20 cooled?

Soldato
Looks longer than 7900GTX/X1900 as well. Dont know if i like how the power connectors are orientated. Probably because if they were in the usual place the card wouldnt fit in a lot of cases with the powr cord in as well.

Associate
MeatLoaf said:
Looks longer than 7900GTX/X1900 as well. Dont know if i like how the power connectors are orientated. Probably because if they were in the usual place the card wouldnt fit in a lot of cases with the powr cord in as well.
Looks as long as the GX2

Soldato
OP
Gibbo said:
Plus H20/Air hybrid, so does that mean you can air cool it but if you H20 cool then you can clock it more or must it be H20 cooled?
It could be an aftermarket solution although the hybrid water/air rumour's been doing the rounds for a while...pure speculation of course.
Cyber-Mav said:
either way that card takes the wee. and i was scared of x1900 power consumption and heat :rolleyes:
What with the rumoured 250W requirments for the next gen ATI part and this having 2 PCI-E connectors, I can see 1K PSU's becoming the norm soon.
qwerty07 said:
It has to beat the GX2 so theres a start :p
Again, rumours seem to be of the opinion it will be faster than a 7950gx2, makes sense really, 5800>6800>7800, they all pretty much doubled in performance.

Soldato
OP
I think it's a november launch, i've personally got zero will power and will probably end up with a couple of them, I'm thinking of going for a 24" monitor so they'll be a nice new toy to play Crysis with.

Back
Top Bottom