• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

G80 Pics

I don't know if it just me but I am somewhat sceptical. It kind of reeks of the x1950xtx to me.

I would much rather wait a while and see how it compares to say a single 7900gtx or a gx2 before making any decision.

Im sure Gibbo mentioned around £450 somwehere.

Thats me done, im out, im not putting up with this, pure insane, a nuclear power station just to run yer graphics card, no thanks you can **** right off. :)

Yeah bugger that, you'll be sitting down to yer PC and have everyone after yer blood, as you took the whole neighbourhood out trying to power yer card, be like that time the whole of London went out, someone was testing a G80 i bet. :D :D

LoadsaMoney said:
Yeah bugger that, you'll be sitting down to yer PC and have everyone after yer blood, as you took the whole neighbourhood out trying to power yer card, be like that time the whole of London went out, someone was testing a G80 i bet. :D :D

They say we have 10 years to sort global warming out once the g80 and the r600 launch knock that figure down to 5 :D

LoadsaMoney said:

Bet it uses less power than R600...

so there :p

Probably will, we all know what ATi's like for power, the R600 will take the whole of the of the national grid out probably. :D

I bet R600 has got about 4x PCI-E connectors on it, can't wait for these, gona be hilarious. :D

Last edited:
Looks like the GT and GTX (WC?) versions. Must be over 200w for two PCI-E connectors. IIRC PCI-E V1 is up to 225W and up 300W on PCI-e V2

The leaked spec said it could do HDR+AA? The leaked spec also said 768Mb ram, which looks right with 12x64 chips. And its got a buzzer on it?

http://itbbs.pconline.com.cn/topic.jsp?tid=6054769&pageNo=1

New PCI-E standards

http://www.pcisig.com/specifications/pciexpress/review_zone#gce

PCI-E slot 75w
PCI-E slot plus 1 PSU PEG connector 150W
PCI-E slot plus 2 PSU PEG connectors 225W

PCI-E 2.0 slot 150w
PCI-E 2.0 slot plus 1 PSU PEG connector 225W
PCI-E 2.0 slot plus 2 PSU PEG connector 300W

Last edited:
Hope this isn't what the future is going to look like for video cards. The size, the weight, the power consumption, the psu requirements, hopefully the mid-range versions are a bit easier to live with.

fish99 said:
Hope this isn't what the future is going to look like for video cards. The size, the weight, the power consumption, the psu requirements, hopefully the mid-range versions are a bit easier to live with.
this will be prototype i would suspect...........or fake pics

Last edited:
I'm with LoadsaMoney, if this is the future of graphics cards then I will be getting as much out of my X1900XT as possible then probably buy myself a Nintendo Wii.

Back
Top Bottom