• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

G80 specs finally confirmed! NOT old news!

Caporegime
The Asgard said:
So how much will the upgrade cost you ? Do you know yet ?

I dont know yet.

The G80 is not on the upgrade list.On EVGA's site

If its around £500 the upgrade should cost me around £125

Fingers crossed.

Cheaper than selling the GX2 privately I hope! :)

Soldato
easyrider said:
I dont know yet.

The G80 is not on the upgrade list.On EVGA's site

If its around £500 the upgrade should cost me around £125

Fingers crossed.

Cheaper than selling the GX2 privately I hope! :)

Sound like a good deal to me if you can get it for that price. Does that include all the shipping costs. Shipping of your card and the G80 ?

Still unsure what to do. I'm a sucker for new tech.

Associate
easyrider said:
This is starting to reek of fanboys now this thread.

agreed, probably because the people with the current top-end cards will no longer have the best performing GPU available, guess it's human nature that not all will be able to accept it - hence the bashing of the new product.....

Soldato
May of been posted BUT

int.jpg

Soldato
fornowagain said:
Just to indicate price, there is a US site with pre-orders @ $495/£263 and before you ask I can't post a link.
We can only hope that the 8800GTX is that cheap, are you sure that's not for the 8800GTS? If the 8800GTX is that cheap then hopefuly the refresh of it will follow suit and I will buy one. :D

Soldato
Ulfhedjinn said:
We can only hope that the 8800GTX is that cheap, are you sure that's not for the 8800GTS? If the 8800GTX is that cheap then hopefuly the refresh of it will follow suit and I will buy one. :D
Sorry should have said, yes GTS. Just signing up and checking part numbers now.... The PNY GTX is $638/£339.

Some only show up under part numbers, found so far.

VCG8800XXPB - PNY Verto GeForce 8800GTX
VCG88GTSXPB - PNY Verto GeForce 8800GTS
BFGR88768GTXE - BFG Tech GeForce 8800GTX
BFGR88640GTSE - BFG Tech GeForce 8800GTS

Last edited:
Associate
fornowagain said:
Sorry should have said, yes GTS. Just signing up and checking part numbers now.... The GTX is $638/£339.

Some only show up under part numbers, found so far.

VCG8800XXPB - PNY Verto GeForce 8800GTX
VCG88GTSXPB - PNY Verto GeForce 8800GTS
BFGR88768GTXE - BFG Tech GeForce 8800GTX
BFGR88640GTSE - BFG Tech GeForce 8800GTS

prices are good, getting two cards in SLI once overclockers get them

Soldato
fornowagain said:
Sorry should have said, yes GTS. Just signing up and checking part numbers now.... The GTX is $638/£339.
Thanks for clarifying that for me, I had a feeling that must've been the GTS price as the GTX was quoted at $540 FOB (before all the mark-ups etc.) and it seems that was correct from the $638 price tag.

Only thing to worry about now is the typical price increase for the priviledge of being British, and then VAT on top of that. :( I can see this ending up a £450 card easily, but the GTS might just turn out to be a gem in terms of price/performance ratio. :)

Associate
iGiDK said:
agreed, probably because the people with the current top-end cards will no longer have the best performing GPU available, guess it's human nature that not all will be able to accept it - hence the bashing of the new product.....

So true :)

Back
Top Bottom