• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

G80 specs finally confirmed! NOT old news!

Associate
When would stock be available after the initial batch?

Thats the problem. Companies charge these crazy prices because we pay it. Saying there is only 200 coming in is as good as saying "We're going to shaft you from behind in a big way".

I understand OCUK are here to make money, and if there is such a mass shortage then fair play. But often stock is readily available shortly after launch and prices drop quite fast and companies like OCUK must know this. Although they have their faults, I would imagine Nvidia or whoever have some kind of road map laid out as the whats going to be available when.

Associate
Adam Senior said:
whoa...is thier any need to go sli with these? over kill? but then :)

Well no, not at first....

But you can be sure that developers will get lazier and lazier (as they have been for the last 5 years). So by this time next year we'll have games that look slightly better that will run with the same frame rates as games of this year do now on current hardware. Even if the cards are suupposedly twice as fast...

(maybe)

Associate
Arcane said:
The price has been pretty constant for the last few releases, I paid 380 for the 6800ultra and 400 each for 7800gtx's from OCUK (on release), the only exception being the 7900GTX which I got for the bargain price of 345, :D so I'm guessing 400 maximum.

Cheapest 7800GTX on release was £430...sorry to nitpick, but it was because i got one and looked everywhere and that was the cheapest price.

I think the leadteks dropped after a few days mind.

Soldato
heres a picture of nvidia's new demo for you all :

http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/?id=4984

da9bybpw1.jpg

Soldato
ernysmuntz said:
Cheapest 7800GTX on release was £430...sorry to nitpick, but it was because i got one and looked everywhere and that was the cheapest price.

I think the leadteks dropped after a few days mind.

Sorry to nitpick also but I paid £808 inc delivery for 2 Leadtek 7800GTX's from OCuk on release day, I can scan the reciept and post it if you'd like. ;)

sunlitsix said:
heres a picture of nvidia's new demo for you all :

:eek:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ulfhedjinn said:
So it's about the same as an overclocked GX2 then? That's a bit lower than I expected.

My overclocked GX2 pulls 10,500 conroe@ 3.6ghz

The two 7900 GTX's I tried in Sli running at stock pulled 11,900

so depending on how these clock they are not that fantastic I suppose.

Good job I have the setup program as I would not buy one of these outright.

Not If I already owned a GX2. :eek:

Soldato
easyrider said:
My overclocked GX2 pulls 10,500 conroe@ 3.6ghz

The two 7900 GTX's I tried in Sli running at stock pulled 11,900

so depending on how these clock they are not that fantastic I suppose.

Good job I have the setup program as I would not buy one of these outright.

Not If I already owned a GX2. :eek:
As far as I can see in the thread those pics came from, the guy didn't try clocking them. They could be amazing clockers for all we know.

Soldato
I'm guessing that one is OCed fornowagain? If so then that's... Well... It's not bad I guess, but for the price I would buy a GX2 instead if I was in the market for a new card right now. :o

Soldato
No need to guess. You can see the ATiTool sliders. Not exactly spanking a GX2 :(, nice for a single core though. I wonder if the 85.96 hacked SLi drivers will run this architecture, or that's going to upset a few people.

3D06 12.6K > 660/520 on a C2D @ 3.8GHz
3d06 13.7K > 655/520 on a C4D @ 3.6GHz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom