• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gainward bring you a 512MB 7800 GT for AGP!!!!

Associate
I currently have a 3GHz P4 Socket 478 on a P4C800-E with 2GB (2 matched pairs of 512Mb) PC3200 RAM & a 6800GT @ 401/1100

So I would think that at about a fiver a week (assuming Vista is a year away and bug free) this not a bad hit to take for the extra performance rather than the hassle of having to re-build my whole system, which I will do when Vista is released. :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah where are they :confused:. Really want to know, just annoys me that Gibbo said they'd be at warehouse on the 31st and we don't have any information.

Unless it was a super ub3r marketing plan for all pre-order money to actually get them in first place :p. Please tell!

Associate
I must say that, though I have a very soft spot for this company and they have made massive improvements to their stock accuracy, phone system, and desptach service over the last year, they appear to have retained this mindless optimism when it comes specifying arrival dates for new products. Stop getting people's hopes up OcUK :( ;) .

I have an ailing 6800 ultra extreme in urgent need of retirement! :(

Last edited:
Associate
customs decided to nab em all for themselves! Ive been watching this thread very carefully and have decided against getting one. Must say thanks to all those who were detailing on how the pci-e cards work out better, as this is what i'm going to b doing. ;)

Soldato
this card is underpowerd for the price. iv not got an opteron 146 and asrock board on order so will be far better investment.
cheap since opteron 146 cost me £121 inc vat and asrock board cost £42.69 inc vat. top deal and only £5 for delivery.

Associate
I was very very VERY tempted myself.

I can well understand people who have a decent system and want better graphics performance without having to completely rebuild.

But in the end thought if I was going to spend that much, I may as well invest a little more cash and a bit of effort and ordered a new mobo/cpu/gfx card.

Benchmarks i've seen are impressive for what it is, I just couldn't justify that much on something which could have a very limited lifespan.

7900GT here I come :)

Associate
nbkpsycho said:
What do ya all mean by hassle lol , i mean it takes like 20 mins to put it together and another 30 mins to re install xp if needed :rolleyes:

Not if:

A: Any of the new components are faulty

or

B: Compatibility issues with previous peripherals decide to appear out of nowhere (as they so often do).

or

C: You have obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to cable routing!

or

D: You are using an Antec p180!

(thankfully, only C applies in my case ;) )

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd like to see you do a decent job in twenty minutes too

You have to remove all of the expansions cards etc first. You'll then need to remove the old motherboard and check the spacers for the new motherboard. You'll then need to re-install all of the expansion cards etc again

There's no point in doing some stupid rush job either

Why the rollies BTW?

Caporegime
Vita said:
Could be. But what annoys me is, Gibbo said they'd be in the warehouse on the 31st of March, but that didn't occur. :( I already having a bad start to weekend then this happens lol.

Well when he said the x1800's were due in, they actually arrived about 3x weeks later lol.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Sorry about my absence been in Hong Kong the past week. The Gainward cards are arriving tomorrow as long as nobody kidnapps the couriers. So ALL backorders will ship out tomorrow for delivery Thursday. :)

Back
Top Bottom