• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gainward bring you a 512MB 7800 GT for AGP!!!!

Soldato
selling on has got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IS THIS CARD GOOD OR NOT.

this card is CHEAPER than the x800 range of cards that came out 2 YEARS ago. the ONLY REASON pci-e is cheaper than agp is because the graphics cards companies are trying to force people over from agp to pci-e.

you only need to read various stats or news to realise pci-e is nowhere near agp in terms of market share to challenge agp.

so how do you try to get customers ?????? price dropping. sorry but i'm with amdnv on this one. i want a newer card now . but i with dx10 and vista due out next year no way i'm investing on a new mobo, ram ( if mine doesn't work ) and powersupply . uncertain specs and what will / wont work for me.

this is the BEST high end agp card at the lowest EVER price for todays market.

long live AGP :cool:

Permabanned
LOL TY Sir, BTW, I,ve been quiet as Im reading specs for standard 7800GT pci-e, its got slow 2.0ns ram and lower core than this agp model with obv half the ram.

Ok down to business, we all know VrZone, well some peeps have soft/hardmodded the cards (pci-e) and getting crazy core and ram speeds even on infin 2.0ns ram, now this bliss has samsung 1.4ns so thats 700/1400ddr no problems at standard spec, I would also guess as this is brand new just like most card inc N40, you get revisions to core, so im hoping for well more than the 460/1350 The Inquirer set it to, to match the evga in tests clock for clock.

All I need to know is, like my NV silencer, I assume this Bliss is new rev and will have thick ram pads made of the silver material, now card will have been ran in factory so will I ruin pads removing cooler to remove white gunk Gainward have on core and apply my own AC5 ?.
I obv did remove NV Silencers own dry gunk from mines before fitting last month to my 6800U.

Ive seen the pads for sale on E-Gay but not sure if legit original parts.

Soldato
tbh, i wouldnt touch the arctic and wouldnt put my own paste on it, as it would offer tiny overclocking gains, but would certainly invalidate the warrenty.

Permabanned
TY, but once cards ran a day or so and ok, I dont care about risk of modding, I aways check for fit and add my AC5, just fact the ram pads will have been used by then even out box. HMM, it got me gains on all cards as its best you get, I can simply remove AC5 and put Artic Ceramic on as its white if I ever need RMA :p

Permabanned
Called OCUK @ 13:35 today, and cards aint in stock yet, and no stock gets DEL on Saturdays, so if not in stock later this afternoon, no way anyone going to get on Monday or poor peeps who may have paid the total ripe of of £18+ for Saturday DEL.

I kinda knew they wouldnt be in as its happened many times before, guy on phone said the date of 31st shouldnt have been put on forum.

Soldato
Ah b0l0cks, that really does take the biscuit. Hopefully they should be in by end of today ring later on around 4ish. If not, then Monday it is I'm hoping. I didn't pay for the Saturday Delivery, so yeah. Only 400 comming in stock, hopefully get mine I wish.

Permabanned
Mines is preorderd/paid for so I have one, but looks like it could be Tuesday, unless they arrive in time for them to get proccessed and sent to carriers today, for Monday DEL to our doors.

Permabanned
NEXT TIME DELETE IT ALL OR LOOSE YOU ACCOUNT , READ THE FAQ ABOUT SWEARING :( , I called back OCUK @ 17:05 today as I said I would.
Im told there was a hold up at customs with out cards (who knows if true), anyhow cards wont be in stock till Monday (again who knows if thats going to happen) and wont be at our doors till Tuesday (again this relates to last bracketed comment.) :(

Soldato
Could be. But what annoys me is, Gibbo said they'd be in the warehouse on the 31st of March, but that didn't occur. :( I already having a bad start to weekend then this happens lol.

Permabanned
Yip spoiled my weekend too, he should have put in stock early April or at least late March/early April, then we couldnt say swat.

Hope anyone paying Sat Del of £18+ gets refunded a £10.

Soldato
Lol, that would be nice. Can't wait to get hold of this card, then I can play BF2 on full. Same with Farcry, can't wait.

What you guys think next, how far we can overclock this card? I'm going to aim for 500/1500 or even 550/1600. Doubt I'll get their, but i got my 9600XT to 535/750 on Air of course lol.

Permabanned
Vita some mad guys on VrZone have got 600/1400+ or more on 7800GT pci-e's now they come with crappy infin 2.0ns ram, this has samsung 1.4ns, I got no idea how much they get core b4 need water cooling as not all had pics or stated what cooling, thats ram @ 2.0ns is rated for about 500-550 so 1000/1100ddr max, so no idea how they getting mad high mem speeds, they did mod volts on both cores and ram.

Im hoping this is newer ev core as time goes on, and the ram is rated for 700mhz so 1400mhz ddr anyhow and its already well cooled bt the copper Nv Silencer (prob rev3 if thick soft rampads).

Soldato
Hmm, can't wait to get this card, OcUK when do you get it in stock! :D. Hurry! lol.

I wonder how well these cards will Overclock, I don't want to end up damaging mine lol. But seeing from 'The Inquirer's' report, Oc'ing it from stock gives about 4+fps, ain't much tbh.

Back
Top Bottom