**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Man of Honour
I think the only logical explanation is that the sensor position serves dual purposes. It is a fingerprint sensor, and a biometric sensor for the S Health app. Perhaps it can read chemicals in the skin for sugar levels and things?

There has to be logic to it!

Soldato
Wasn't the logic just that because they removed the home button they had to put it on the back and when holding the phone with the right hand that's the natural place that the finger falls into position on.

I do agree its abit silly personally. The phone would have looked so much sleeker on the back if the finger sensor was built into the screen. We can only dream though :p

Associate
I got a Note 3 a long time ago, don't really need anything more, even now. Obviously everyone isn't me (fairly sure about that one)

Whilst most mobile apps are basic casual 'em ups. I suppose the 8 will be aiming mire for VR

Soldato
I had a 7 plus 256gb. Great phone, just the screen killed it for me...them blacks(greys ;) )
Also on average the s7 takes better pictures.
Just such a long wait for the next iphone and no chance of me not getting something new before then :p

Caporegime
what? having it on the rear is better and more natural then in the front. Works brilliant on the nexus 6p devices
Yup I agree but Samsung's placement is utterly stupid, it is at the top right besides the camera lens.

My finger always falls naturally on the finger print unlocker on my 5x, especially whenever I go to take my phone out of my pocket.

Back
Top Bottom