1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Galaxy Tab S4

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by String, Jul 31, 2018.

1. String

Capodecina

Is there any sign of decent reductions on the Tab S3? I think that'll get Android 9 at some point. I'm seeing it for £469 but would like to see a better price than that.

2. Wilko_Dog

Wise Guy

How come it won't let me pre-order on the Samsung website , want to take advantage of the 0% finance and the free keyboard cover you get but when I press pre order nothing happens :(

3. Rimsy

Mobster

Yeah seems like their site is having problems at the mo.

4. darkgen

Wise Guy

I'm after this too but I cannot find a damn place in the US to order it. Supposed to be officially released yesterday!

5. String

Capodecina

I just got a play with the S4 in Currys and I actually really like it. My interest was also caught by an offer in store saying "extra £50 off when trading in a qualifying tablet". I tried to clarify what I would get for my S2 but the salesperson had a right attitude on, trying to tell me that the price reduction would be £50 for any tablet. :p

I'll maybe try again with a different salesperson tomorrow when they go on sale.

6. kaktus

Wise Guy

I've recently been looking for a tablet to replace my mum's 6 year old ipad. I think I've settled on getting her a Huawei MediaPad 5 10inch which seems to blow everything away at its price point. You may want to look into that

7. String

Capodecina

8. String

Capodecina

Oh oh, Samsung are doing a trade in on old tablets against the Tab S4 direct with them... offering £100 discount on my 2 year old Tab S2 which is a fair price IMO.

Decisions decisions... :)

9. Shocky-FM

Mobster

If this included SD845 and 6GB of memory I would have considered it, it's funny how a cheap Chinese phone gets both but Samsung's flagship tablet does not.

10. Rimsy

Mobster

Yeah they are pretty much just offloading old components yet charging a premium for it and hoping nobody notices! **** take!

11. Shocky-FM

Mobster

They've been doing it for years, until they take the tablet market seriously I won't consider them, especially at these prices.

12. String

Capodecina

I ended up buying the S4... I had intended to return if it wasn't up to scratch, but I'm actually really liking it. The screen is fantastic. :)

13. Wilko_Dog

Wise Guy

Anyone got any idea how long it takes them to post the keyboard cover ? Got it free on the pre order promotion but not recieved yet :(

14. pinkpound

Wise Guy

I've did a pre-order for the Galaxy Watch for delivery 07/09 you get a free promotional dual charger and Samsung are stating to be delivered on 28th Sept ...think its so you don't return the device and keep the freebie

15. Columbo

Sgarrista

The ipad 9.7 2018 can be had for £320, comes with the A10 and works with pencil.
    Samsung really are doing something wrong when they make an Apple product look like a bargain.

16. String

Capodecina

That's hardly a like for like comparison.

17. Columbo

Sgarrista

Why? The iPad is better is nearly every way for half the price. The A10 is demonstrably more powerful the S835, the Pencil is far superior to the S-Pen, the battery like on the iPad is better and iOS is better as a tablet OS.
    For the record I hate Apple products and iOS but the S4 is simply grossly over priced whichever way you look at it.

18. String

Capodecina

I had a look at the cheaper iPad and you can tell right away why it's cheaper. The 10.5" iPad pro is double the price for a reason, and that's where the comparison lies with the Tab S4. As for iOS versus Android, that's subjective... I just boosted my storage with a simple sdcard, you won't do that with any ipad.

I know the S4 has flaws, but trying to compare it with Apple's entry level iPad is going a bit far.

19. Rimsy

Mobster

Agree with your other points but what makes you say the above?

Yes I agree the TabS4 is overpriced - about £200 too much for what it is. Samsung are milking it as they are the only ones offering a premium android tablet.

20. Kainz

Capodecina

The iPad is better from a price point yes I completely agree however it does also come down to IOS vs Android. Some folks want a device they can transfer films/photos/mp3s to without the faff of connecting it to some 90's antiquated bit of software. If you're going on holiday like I did 2 months ago and and require movies on the go, I know what I'd take in a heartbeat and it wasn't my wifes iPad.

Samsung have and have always had the android tablet market to themselves - ever since Google and Nvidia pulled out of it. It is a shame because my Pixel C is a superb device and google being google just ignored it like they always do their products.