gallery/album with URL bbcode for forum

Soldato
ok thanks, so index.php will be in root folder?

well i guess you want it in it's own folder? say upload. so your folder structure needs to look like this

/upload/files/
/upload/thumbs/
/upload/index.php

also make sure you change the $here variable in the script and don't forget the trailing slash.

Soldato
OP
seems to be working now

but it's only scan 1 new file at time, also when i upload more images, press F5, no new images detected.

thanks

Soldato
i'm confused. i tested it before i posted it. the whole point was to do multiple files at once. :p

i've just set mine up on my webhost, fully functional - this is how it should work....

http://www.marc2003.ukfsn.org/temp/index.php

you need to scroll down to see the bbcode for all files at once.

edit: i've just been googling and it's possibly a problem with the glob function i'm using - it doesn't work on all servers. i'll do a quick rewrite. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
i just started everything again, still only detected 1 file at time. along with error message

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/.pascha/xxxxxxx/xxxxxx.com/uploads/index.php on line 74

what exactly do i need to change in the index.php?

i've double checked 10 times the "$here" , the path is correct, no idea why it wouldnt work :(

thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
hahaha it's working now :D you're a master :)

how about tweaking the script to make it even better?

when upload 10 images, click thumbnails. copy/paste the bbcode to the forum, the thumbnails displays up to down

ie;

it would be better if the thumbnails displays from left to right?

Also if i upload more images,click thumbnail button, it will create bbcode for new images AND old images. Therefore a year later, it'll gonna take ages to sorting out which url bbcode i want to copy/paste for newest images uploaded. what about display the url bbcode for newest images uploaded?

Soldato
it already displays in date order - newest files first. at the moment it displays all files. i can change it so when you use the 'create thumbnail' button it only displays the bbcode for those most recently processed files. or i could add a checkbox so you can select which files to include in the global bbcode box at the bottom. if this is going to involve lots of files, i think a little mysql db would make life a lot easier.

as for displaying images sideways, you can just use the backspace key, don't be so lazy. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey,

I haven't seen Marc's script so i don't know how this compares, but i was bored so i created this:

Click To View

You can download the script here: Click To Download

It shouldn't require any setup. Just upload to your website, and stick the albums/pictures in the "albums" folder.

You may have to chmod the "thumbs" folder to "0777" for permissions purposes.

The code needs a little cleaning, but its functional.

What do you think?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey,

I haven't seen Marc's script so i don't know how this compares, but i was bored so i created this:

mine sucked balls really. it looked a bit like yours but without the css and it generated thumbnails and displayed the bbcode ok. but it's major flaw was it didn't support folders so trying to manage anything other than a few images would have been impossible. :o :D

anyway, i've modified a script by someone called celerondude. the main thing the OP wanted was the bbcode to be together for all images on a page. another requirement was that the bbcode be spaced so images display side by side on a forum like this. the only way i could get a textarea to work with hundreds of files is with each link on a newline. so to display the bbcode as the OP wanted, i had to bin the textarea and just created another page to display bbcode.

my modded version - here

Soldato
Hey,

Click To View

You can download the script here: Click To Download

It shouldn't require any setup. Just upload to your website, and stick the albums/pictures in the "albums" folder.

You may have to chmod the "thumbs" folder to "0777" for permissions purposes.

The code needs a little cleaning, but its functional.

What do you think?

Thanks.

This is pretty much what I need myself, but with an option for uploading (so I don't have to add pics via FTP. I just want to visit the gallery and hit upload (which would open a window for browsing for images on my computer).

Any chance this could be added?

Soldato
This is pretty much what I need myself, but with an option for uploading (so I don't have to add pics via FTP. I just want to visit the gallery and hit upload (which would open a window for browsing for images on my computer).

Any chance this could be added?

Surecan.

Add me on msn: ruudbarron [at] hotmail [dot] com

Soldato
OP
Hi Conrad11

just testing your script, got error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: scandir() in /home/.pascha/XXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXX.com/egallery/index.php on line 460

also can you explain bit more how to use it?

there are 2 folders, "albums" and "image" so i just create folder "Cars" in this albums folder and put all images in Cars folder?

where is "thumbs" folder, i cant find it anywhere lol

thanks

Back
Top Bottom