gallery/album with URL bbcode for forum

Hi Conrad11

just testing your script, got error message

also can you explain bit more how to use it?

there are 2 folders, "albums" and "image" so i just create folder "Cars" in this albums folder and put all images in Cars folder?

where is "thumbs" folder, i cant find it anywhere lol

thanks

Apologies....just realised...that is a PHP5 function, if you have an earlier version of PHP on your server it won't work.

I shall fix that when i get back from the gym. I'll manually create the function.

EDIT:

To actually use it, when i post a working script up:

All you have to do is stick the folders/images in the "album" folder. The thumbnails are created by my script and the folder will be created when you first create a thumbnail :)

Last edited:
i'm with dreamhost, just checked their website, says support PHP5

thanks

edit: just uploaded your script to my other webhost (vidahost), same problem

Last edited:
stick

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

in a new file, upload it and access it in your browser. that will tell you your php version. regardless of what the website says, it doesn't look like you've got php5 at the moment.

i just tried conrad's script on my server. (abyss webserver on windows / php 5.2.3). it works fine. apart from short tags - had to edit those... :p

i'm sure your webhost will upgrade your php version. a lot of people still prefer php4 for compatibility reasons so i'm guessing they only give php5 if you ask for it. :)

got email from dreamhost saying i can even upgrade the PHP to 5 by few clicks via control panel :rolleyes: didnt know i could do that lol

egallery is working now :) thank you

only 2 things, delete button.........do u think it's risky? anyone in forums go in my egallery and delete everything? what about a simple password access to the egallery?

how to make all thumbnails to display left to right?

it works fine. apart from short tags - had to edit those... :p

What do you mean by this?

only 2 things, delete button.........do u think it's risky? anyone in forums go in my egallery and delete everything? what about a simple password access to the egallery?

You can use .htaccess for this, but i will add password support now.

how to make all thumbnails to display left to right?

What do you mean by this? As in when you generate the BBCode it displays all the images horizontally?

If so - this is easily implemented and i can change this.

i get that when i uploaded 300 wallpapers :p

how to fix this?

300 :S...that's a lot...i assume it failed when generating thumbnails? If so you have to select fewer images to generate thumbnails for.

I could pagenize the files that are in the current folder...so it shows 10 per page and the option to choose which page you want at the bottom?

If it wasn't generating thumbnails when it failed, i don't think you can fix the problem as the settings are set by your host.

====================================
====================================

The new updated script, which works on PHP 4 now can be downloaded here:

Click To Download

(Password support is not included in this release)

yeah 300 images :cool: lol

marc2003's script worked fine with creating thumbnails for 440 images on 1 page

yeah simple password access to egallery would be very useful. but anyone who click thumbnail via forum, they wouldnt need to enter the user/password?

basically the idea of simple password access is to protect the egallery itself from idiots

ps. yeah displays all the images horizontally for forums :)

yeah same server (dreamhost). didnt took long really, about 45 secs to 1 min.

please dont get dont get offended but i've been playing about with your and marc2003 script. marc2003 script generate thumbnails much faster than yours. After i asked marc2003 to disable the script to generate large thumbnails (celerondude's script generate 2 thumbnails, small and large)

testing with same folders and pictures.

Last edited:
yeah same server (dreamhost). didnt took long really, about 45 secs to 1 min.

please dont get dont get offended but i've been playing about with your and marc2003 script. marc2003 script generate thumbnails much faster than yours. After i asked marc2003 to disable the script to generate large thumbnails (celerondude's script generate 2 thumbnails, small and large)

testing with same folders and pictures.

HOW DARE YOU!!!£"!£

lol...i joke!.....i'm not bothered don't worry.

Anychance you could post marc's script so i can see how it works and hopefully improve mine.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom