GAME lose another supplier

Caporegime
This time its EA, any games post SSX will not be supplied to them, so any pre-orders you have for ME3 won't be fulfilled, you'll get £5 in reward points in compensation however.

They have already lost Ubisoft and now EA, things don't look good.

Soldato
Putting aside how much people dislike GAME, spare a thought for the employees if they do go, this will also affect Gamestation and any other GAME owned stores I believe.

I was talking to the lad that owns the local game shop near me about Game and I said I wouldn't miss the company but I do feel sorry for the people that will be unemployed if they go under.

Caporegime
It will be rubbish for the employees that is for certain.

Surely it is only a matter of time, imagine the amount of money they will miss out come Fifa/Tiger Woods.

Associate
To add to their woes I just cashed in the £75 I had on my reward card for lots of free goodies. Was saving it for the Star Wars xbox but cant see them stocking it at this rate

Associate
I considered leaking this when I found out this morning, apparently somebody in the company has.

Were not stocking any EA titles for the course of March, this could change as it did with Ubisoft and the Vita games.

It's apparently EA using bully tactics and Game aren't giving in for the sake of short term sales even though imo this could affect the long term too.

Game over. (Get it?!)

Soldato
Can't say I'm sad to see them go, I will however be livid if I don't get my Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition. Who else would supply them if GAME went? Thought they were the exclusive retailer in the UK.

Soldato
The only question at this point is who will buy them out when the time is ripe. With Game and Gamestation being the largest and pretty much sole gaming shop on the highstreet there is no way someone won't pick up the leftovers.

Gamestop maybe?

Soldato
The only question at this point is who will buy them out when the time is ripe. With Game and Gamestation being the largest and pretty much sole gaming shop on the highstreet there is no way someone won't pick up the leftovers.

Gamestop maybe?

Gamestop are in no position to buy them out, they're still closing stores left right and centre.

Soldato
Really hope it doesnt close, theres only 2 places near me to buy games from, gamestation and game, the only others asda and thats not exactly great :/

Soldato
As i said before, i wouldn't miss em if they did close tbh.
Pre-orders are from 'Shop to', spur of the moment purchases I'm more likely to buy from a supermarket when passing past the games section heh, and second hand is nearly always cheaper from CEX.

Back
Top Bottom