GAME lose another supplier

Soldato
Game could probably save themselves a fortune if they'd stop the idiotic policy of multiple Game and Gamestation stores in one town/city. Off the top of my head i can think of 2 Gamestations and maybe 3 Game's in Glasgow alone.

It's not even as if they are spread far apart either.

Permabanned
Game could probably save themselves a fortune if they'd stop the idiotic policy of multiple Game and Gamestation stores in one town/city. Off the top of my head i can think of 2 Gamestations and maybe 3 Game's in Glasgow alone.

It's not even as if they are spread far apart either.

It is ridiculous. In the Potteries shopping centre in Stoke, theres a Game downstairs and i kid you not about 20meters away, another Game above.

I've always thought it's stupid.

Soldato
A lot of that is a hangover from when they took over Electronics Boutiques stores donkeys years ago.

Why they've never closed the vast majority of them in places they already have a presence god only knows. Then they took over gamestation and ended up with even more stores in the same places!!

Associate
How do you use Reward Card points in-store? Unsure if I still have my card, must be somewhere...

Unfortunately online their PSN cards have all sold out - only download versions which Ive never used - anyone vouch that they work? Assume they just give you a code to use on PSN which is fine by me...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Just bought up a £10 SEN voucher to use up my remaining reward and £5 voucher for the N7 ME3 debacle (I would have bought more, but no Wiimote+, PC Games, or anything else I really wanted). Code is received instantly and emailed to you a few mins later. Worked absolutely fine.

Caporegime
Just bought up a £10 SEN voucher to use up my remaining reward and £5 voucher for the N7 ME3 debacle (I would have bought more, but no Wiimote+, PC Games, or anything else I really wanted). Code is received instantly and emailed to you a few mins later. Worked absolutely fine.
Cheers man will try it in a bit...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
They are probably getting the same problem as a lot of other retailers. The issue being that most suppliers are wanting paid in full for stock before they will supply it so if places cant put the cash up front then they dont get supplied. Where I work has had this issue in the past. For example, if Game have invested all of their money into stocking the PS Vita then they might not be able to buy stock for anything else. Its probably more that Game cant afford to buy stock rather than people refusing to supply them.

Soldato
Most large retailers work on account terms as having to buy stock first would be madness these terms are usually 30/60/90 day with a credit facility.

What has probably happened in this case is that EA have not increased the credit limit on Games account therefore not enabling them to facilitate a large stock order or the other way around EA have not increased the repayment terms to say 60/90 day meaning that overdue payments have brought the account in to arrears therefore not allowing Game to order any more stock. This is a very common thing. It's just that it's a talked about topic on here as it's Game and because we all purchase games. It may actually be resolved in a month or so.

Thread title is misleading as I have seen no evidence of Games account being closed with EA all I have seen so far is a supply issue.

Last edited:
Soldato
The real problem is that no one in head office who is making massive decisions on staff, shop floor and stock have ever worked in a store, meaning they haven't got the first clue what actually goes on there. They change their mind every week on various issues while putting unrealistic demands on staff some of which they call customer service but most people find irritating and intrusive. All I hear is 'good' and 'glad' to the news they could be going under and two things crop up, pricing and the pushiness of staff, unfortunately the staff know this but have to do their job; keep smiling, keep pushing.

Until that mindset changes they'll struggle as a high street retailer in this current climate.

Soldato
It is ridiculous. In the Potteries shopping centre in Stoke, theres a Game downstairs and i kid you not about 20meters away, another Game above.

I've always thought it's stupid.

Here in Telford we have 2 Games & 1 Gamestation in our town centre, 1 of the Game & the Gamestation stores are separated by 3 shops. The 2nd Game is a 2 minute walk away from those.

Never understood it myself.

Man of Honour
One thing I'm intrigued in is who now gets the "Game Exclusive" DLC they were offering with all the pre-orders. Will they spread them round all the retailers, or will the retailers have to fight it out among themselves? Free DLC is never a deal breaker for me but it's always nice to get, so I'm hoping either Shopto or Amazon get it as that's where I've ordered from!

Back
Top Bottom