Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon

Soldato
Yeh very predictable, not sure about his grace though, they've probably made it so he survived? Unless his older brother killed him off and now he's the king?!

BOOK SPOILER ONLY READ IF YOU WANT TO KNOW. In the books he and his dragon survives but he is badly burnt and his armour is fused with his skin due to the heat, he spends a year in bed to recover, in the time Aemond pretty much rules in his place.

GJM

GJM

Associate
Fab episode. Nice slow lead up to carnage and drama by the bucket load. Felt very poignant to see the first dragon die. The first of many I guess.

Caporegime
Do find it a bit weird we've not heard a single thing about Daemon's little trip to the neutral dragon since, then again I guess it's sort of mildly uttered every time they say they have more dragons.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Dragon action (not like that!) - What we like to see :cool:

Also:

cd6Pck0.jpeg

Caporegime
It was good to finally have something physical happening. I still don't really super connect with any characters.
Most of the main ones are annoying.
Not sure how they think they could ever beat 1 eyed kid and his dragon... Size really matters...

Associate
By outnumbering it Daemon says as much in one of the episodes. Maleys or whatever it was called caused it issues as it was only for a similar predictable ambush attack as per the other dragon it killed last season. I guess this show will keep having dragons picked off one by one by it though.

Soldato
It was good to finally have something physical happening. I still don't really super connect with any characters.
Most of the main ones are annoying.
Not sure how they think they could ever beat 1 eyed kid and his dragon... Size really matters...

Although I'm enjoying it , you made me think and feel the same I can't connect with any characters like I did with GOT

Caporegime
theres no character development in this series imo and 0 adventure.

the whole series feels like it covers about 3 or 4 filming locations

I literally picture the world as being like 2-3 different small islands separated by sea and everything else is just empty.
Remember how amazing the got intro was going through all the locations on the map... and having a sense of scale and wonder, a breathing living world full of interesting characters, even loads of the extras were made some what interesting

you could believe GOT was a real place, this is like watching a board game.

it doesn't even feel like I need to pay attention to this series... its a brain off, and be on your phone with this in the background. classic netflix quality

Last edited:
Caporegime

to me its like they expect you to already have 6 or 7 series worth of development and character backing and development from day 1.
They want all the clout of years of GoT with literally no development.
its just a veneer of the world and the themes over a bunch of teenage actors.
Oh hes a stark, so we are meant to know what they were like in GoT and give them all that...
Oh the tullies and Riverlands...thats that was so and so and her weird aunt... Give them all the clout.
Oh a Lannister boooooo
then a bunch of blonde "Elfie" and african weirdow sex pests on dragons "cool" :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom