Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon

That was a pretty poor finale, there were some scenes and dialogue that I thought were absolute trash.

Lannister begging for help, that whole scene was just a waste of time and garbage.

Corlys and his son scene was terrible.

Rhaenyra and Alicent scene was also rubbish.

It just felt like a episode packed with 'filler' material. Feels like they really missed a trick with this series.

I mean it's quite clear we are building up to several flash points and if GoT sticks to it's roots we could expect rapid changes to the political mix. It would be very easy to see that 8 episodes have moved all the pieces to where they need to be and episode 9 and 10 would have been fireworks and a major twist. But they cut the run. If we'd had those extra episodes to give us a major battle and a key character dying everyone would be whooping I reckon.

I don't usually notice such things as it requires a level of engagement with a show that I can't be bothered with (especially with the slop we get nowadays)... the way the alleged starvation of Kings Landing has been shown in this is particularly lazy and frankly why even bother?
The most egregious example being an entirely healthy main character and his wife whilst their blighted daughter gets offscreened... what?

Last edited:
I love the setting of HotD / GoT, there’s nothing really like it on TV. However, s2 of HotD had its moments but never felt like a cohesive whole and was a big anti-climax at the end.

Some of what happened you could see coming a mile off as opposed to some of the genuine surprises in GoT.

I hope they don’t just drag this out until the final season for something to actually happen. There needs to be action in each season.

Also, not enough boobs in this season. :D :p

Question:
Why does the rash, violent, Daemon tolerate a witch at Harrenhal?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
I caught up with the finale last night

Can anyone who has read the books fill in any of the gaps from Daemons daughter's storyline (Rhaena)? It's had so little screen time and dialogue that it's hard to understand what happening, or maybe I missed a scene?

She went to the Vale with the young kids and young dragons, we find out there is a Wild dragon roaming around. Then she seems to be banished from the castle or something? And then next thing we know she is on her own and desperate for water.

I don't want future spoilers, just some backstory! I'm guessing she tames the wild dragon in future.

She was unable to tame a dragon at the castle and annoyed to be made baby sitter so when finding out about the wild dragon decided to try her luck. He face is so annoying!

Back
Top Bottom