Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon

Yes very slow and a unsatisfying ending but overall it was enjoyable and very well shot and acted.

The sort of thing which will probably be better once all 4 seasons have been released and you can watch the whole thing in one go without the huge breaks, lack of action, trying to remember who is who etc etc..

Still prefer it to GOt tbh.

Overall I enjoyed S2, whilst there wasn't a lot of Dragon action it still progressed the story nicely even if a lot of it is setting up the characters and what's to come. I'm sure S3 (when it finally gets here....) will start with a bang, have a mid-season lull whilst they reset and then end on a cliffhanger to setup the final season. For anyone that's read the book, or just looked at the wiki we know where the Targaryen story ends up, it's just a case of how it gets there.

The biggest issue for S2 as there is no pay off, it is missing that reward after all the grind. I know it is middle of the story but even in in LOTR there is a massive battle in The Two Towers there is a massive battle in the end.

The decision to cut the fight and truncate episode 9 and 10 leave me a negative feeling about the show. The overall feeling is that they put in far too much filler, about 50% of it is a waste of time. Matt Smith spent the whole season having a dream and away from the action, what he did should be a 2 episode plot, perhaps 3 if you throw in his nightmares stuff.

I quite enjoyed it all to be honest. Was a little slow in places but generally the story was progressed. Not really a fan of the Damon dream / vision storyline so glad that's ended.

Back
Top Bottom