GameMax F15M Gaming Case (Budget Cooler Master H500M)

Associate
Yeah, warranty isn't the best. Time will tell.

The thicker rad gives it that better performance, fits no problem. The 280 will also fit, sort of (see this review)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi folks. Just bought this and a new b450 Steel Legend. I've got the RGB working via the add plug. Off of that was an old 4 socket and a vdg. Am I right in thinking I only need the newer add plugged into mobo and the other 2 connections are there for back up?

Also, the fan for the case are plugged into the little box on the back, same as RGB. Am I supposed to be able to control fans somehow with them plugged in there, or do I need to unplug all 3 fans and plug them separately into mobo?

Cheees

Did you get anywhere with this? My take on the "full build" video was the wire off the little controller hub (white connector) went to the front panel and the ones on the bottom end went to the PWM header and the 5V ARGB/JRainbow motherboard header to enable control via the motherboard? Was also looking at this case w/ an MSI Tomahawk and Scythe RGB or ARGB cooler, so be interested to know if you got it working? It's not really very clear on the site in the absence of a manual?

Might be worth a message via the website , given they state the controller can be mobo controlled? Be interested to know what they suggest...

Associate
Did you get anywhere with this? My take on the "full build" video was the wire off the little controller hub (white connector) went to the front panel and the ones on the bottom end went to the PWM header and the 5V ARGB/JRainbow motherboard header to enable control via the motherboard? Was also looking at this case w/ an MSI Tomahawk and Scythe RGB or ARGB cooler, so be interested to know if you got it working? It's not really very clear on the site in the absence of a manual?

Might be worth a message via the website , given they state the controller can be mobo controlled? Be interested to know what they suggest...
Unfortunately I haven't had time to get to grips with it yet. But you are right, the manual is awful and I can't find any other official or not help. Maybe messaging support could be an idea.

Associate
Unfortunately I haven't had time to get to grips with it yet. But you are right, the manual is awful and I can't find any other official or not help. Maybe messaging support could be an idea.

Just checking I'm not talking at cross purposes here - did you get the Kamikazee or the F15?

I haven't ordered it yet, and now, i can't find the manual either, google doesn't turn up anything. You'd think the company that made them would put the manuals online, everyone else does.

I connected the cable to the motherboard but the Fan LEDS are not being controlled, i know that the port is working as i've plugged my AIO into the header and i can control this with the asrock software but if i plug the hub in i can only control the LEDS from the case button.

Wondering if anyone has managed to get this GamePro ARGB hub/ MSI mobo combo working?

Alternate option might be a Corsair iCue 220 case - a little more expensive but I assume the hub on that connects directly to the JCORSAIR 3-pin header on the MSI mobo or via USB2...

Last edited:
Associate
Just checking I'm not talking at cross purposes here - did you get the Kamikazee or the F15?

Wondering if anyone has managed to get this GamePro ARGB hub/ MSI mobo combo working?

Alternate option might be a Corsair iCue 220 case - a little more expensive but I assume the hub on that connects directly to the JCORSAIR 3-pin header on the MSI mobo or via USB2...
I have the F15.

I can control rgbs no problem at all. But I can't control fan speeds via same way rgbs are plugged into mobo from data cable from little command box that came with case.
I'm starting to think I just need to plug fans separately into mobo one by one for control.

Associate
I contacted GameMAX as my Kamikaze Pro wouldnt work with the ARGB header they advised to hold the LED button for 5 seconds to sync to the motherboard since doing this i now have full control via the Asrock software.

If they had included a manual it probably would've stated this but hopefully this helps anyone else with issues as i struggled to find anything.

Associate
I contacted GameMAX as my Kamikaze Pro wouldnt work with the ARGB header they advised to hold the LED button for 5 seconds to sync to the motherboard since doing this i now have full control via the Asrock software.

That's.... well, lets just say "not obvious"...! :) Out of interest, which Asrock board, and which connection was made? I'm guessing the black lead off the base of the controller to the 4-pin (well, really three as one is absent) 5v RGB header, not a 3pin Corsair/VGB header?

Associate

If they had included a manual it probably would've stated this but hopefully this helps anyone else with issues as i struggled to find anything.

Good to know, my Asus ROG Strix x570 arrived today, along with a Hubby7 7 port internal USB hub (i'll probably never need them all), the board has 3 fan headers (one is a CPU fan) an AIO pump header, an LED and ARGB headers on it, so i should be good. And yes, i noticed there was no manual in the Kamikaze Pro case when it arrived the other day, just the small packet of mounting screws. Do budget cases usually not come with manuals? or is it just this model?

Associate
That's.... well, lets just say "not obvious"...! :) Out of interest, which Asrock board, and which connection was made? I'm guessing the black lead off the base of the controller to the 4-pin (well, really three as one is absent) 5v RGB header, not a 3pin Corsair/VGB header?

Its a B450M Steel Legend board, it was the ARGB port on the bottom left, its the 5v RGB header its a black connector from the hub to this.

Only issue i can say i have with the case is no instructions can't fault anything else for price its a lot for the money.

Permabanned
I had the argb and fans working fine until I wanted to switch over to mother board control. My hub wont work now. It's connected up via sata power as it was when I first built. I took the other cables out again after trying to connect it to motherboard now I have no fans! Anyone know what I can do? Did I short the hub or something?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I had the argb and fans working fine until I wanted to switch over to mother board control. My hub wont work now. It's connected up via sata power as it was when I first built. I took the other cables out again after trying to connect it to motherboard now I have no fans! Anyone know what I can do? Did I short the hub or something?
Try reseating the sata power cable. Mine is very picky and does not make contact if not pressed in properly or at the right angle.

Permabanned
Try reseating the sata power cable. Mine is very picky and does not make contact if not pressed in properly or at the right angle.
Done that also. I don't think the hub is working now. I took the fan connectors of the hub and onto motherboard and the fans are now working again. Just have 3 rgb connectors and don't know what to with those.

Soldato
Guys, absolutely loving this case but I cant find a manual for programming the fans with the remote - if I just wanted the fans to come on when needed, would I need to connect them to the motherboard rather than the junction box in the case?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Guys, absolutely loving this case but I cant find a manual for programming the fans with the remote - if I just wanted the fans to come on when needed, would I need to connect them to the motherboard rather than the junction box in the case?
Yep, needs to be connected to mobo to control. I have not done it myself, i just use the remote.

Associate
Hello! I'm pretty sure this is going to my new case but i just have a few questions before clicking that buy button.

I've noticed a few people mention the 200mm fans making a clicking noise, is this a fault or something that could be fixed with rubber fan mounts?

Probably getting the MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max board but it doesn't have compatible RGB headers, is just using the remote control sufficient enough? any downsides?

Finally is the mesh version the one to go for? only thing that concerns me is dust coming in but i understand there is a front filter provided?

Appreciate any information you can give me, it's my first build in 10 years so a bit out of the loop, cheers! :)

Soldato
I've noticed a few people mention the 200mm fans making a clicking noise, is this a fault or something that could be fixed with rubber fan mounts?

Probably getting the MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max board but it doesn't have compatible RGB headers, is just using the remote control sufficient enough? any downsides?

Finally is the mesh version the one to go for? only thing that concerns me is dust coming in but i understand there is a front filter provided?

Appreciate any information you can give me, it's my first build in 10 years so a bit out of the loop, cheers! :)

I have now bought 6 of this case and haven't noticed any clicking noise yet

The remote control is very good indeed. The only downside is the fans are running all the time so not so energy efficient.

I prefer the mesh version for airflow

Back
Top Bottom