Games you're playing, and games...

I've jumped back into Forza Horizon 4 - they are running their final seasonal playlist, so going to have a crack at the Perfectionist and Encore achievements while they are still possible.
Still feels like the best of the Horizon games

Started Blasphemous, long overdue. I'm a few bosses in and it's not as hard as I though it would be given the Soulslike theme - fair bit easier than Hollow Knight as an example.

Currently playing through Prey (2006) on Xbox Series X. This game is hardcore, some of the NPC deaths are brutal. I expected a simple FPS, but it has more depth to the gameplay than I expected. It has a spirit mode for getting past obstacles, flicking switches, etc. It has walkways on walls and ceilings so you can be attacked by enemies from all angles. Shame it hasn't had a FPS boost but I only paid £3 so can't really grumble.

I played the very first Splinter Cell on OG XB many, many years ago and didn't have the patience for it. I follow some stealth gamer guy on YT and he's been posting some SC Blacklist videos lately so decided to get it off ebay, searched the Microsoft store to make sure it was backwards compatible and they have it there on sale at 60% off making it half the price of the one on eBay. Purchased. Bargain!

Last edited:
I played the very first Splinter Cell on OG XB many, many years ago and didn't have the patience for it. I follow some stealth gamer guy on YT and he's been posting some SC Blacklist videos lately so decided to get it off ebay, searched the Microsoft store to make sure it was backwards compatible and they have it there on sale at 60% off making it half the price of the one on eBay. Purchased. Bargain!
I've never played any Splinter Cell games, they were mentioned on a YouTube video I saw recently so added them to my Xbox store watchlist. I noticed a few had price drops and I've been tempted to try them.

Please feedback how you find it.

Mainly playing Death Stranding on the PS5. Stopped it for a few months but I'm back on. It's quite chill to just walk or ride and listen to the lovely music they play. I find the story intriguing.

Also playing Gears of War 3 on game pass. Still trying to get through all of them at some point

Currently playing through Ocarina of Time via the switch online service. I picked up one of the official N64 controllers a few months ago mostly for Goldeneye but I'm suddenly feeling nostalgic for Ocarina so there you go lol

I've just finished the Water Temple, it was a lot easier than I remembered but I forgot how annoying the constant switching of the iron boots is!

Finished my 2nd run of RE2 as Claire the other night, really enjoyed going through it again and a few bits were different enough that it didn't feel like I was playing the same thing all over again just with a different character.

Re3 next, it feels a lot more action-orientated and despite being only an hour or so in I already have far more ammo than I think I ever had in RE2!

Completed Prey (2006) so on to the next game in my backlog.

Recently completed Turok Dinosaur Hunter so decided to go to it's sequel Turok 2 Seeds of Evil. So far the levels have less platforming more maze like approach with objectives that have to be completed before finishing the level. Some more old school FPS action.

Completed Prey (2006) so on to the next game in my backlog.

Recently completed Turok Dinosaur Hunter so decided to go to it's sequel Turok 2 Seeds of Evil. So far the levels have less platforming more maze like approach with objectives that have to be completed before finishing the level. Some more old school FPS action.
I was about to say that Prey is such a good game, then had to remind myself the OG one was, from memory.... interesting rather than the amazing 2017 game

Finally got the platinum on Stellar Blade last night.. What to play next tho? Elden Ring or System Shock? Hummm
I loved SS but it’s very old school and it doesn’t hand hold. Got lost around half way, no health, no ammo and moved on to something else. I will go back one day. Looks and plays great to be fair but it doesn’t have the QoL stuff that we have today. May be a good thing or bad to you but there it is. I used guides a lot and still got lost ha

I am happy with old school. Just think I might play that between stellar blade and elden ring. Or do I go into elden ring with “some” of the things learnt from playing SB.

Installed Ground Zeros again, and did the whole thing with lethal takedowns, that had now led me to installing MGSV and finding I last played it in 2018 :eek:

Loaded my save back up, and have been going around floating enemies back to my base, whilst Quiet wears a tactically questionable outfit

Treated myself to Deathbound after enjoying the demo on ps5. I grabbed the Ultimate Edition for £28 from psn which includes a future dlc. So far I'm enjoying it, it's sometimes a bit janky but if you can look past that the party system genuinely adds something new and interesting to the souls Formula.

Still working my way through Zelda - Tears of the Kingdom. I'm enjoying it up, but some of the new 'areas' have introduced a lot of repetitive work for those of us that are completionists

Last edited:
Just completed Dark Souls 3 :D What a ride, managed to kill every boss - except the Nameless King who I believe is optional, all Lord Cinders down and have reached the ending credits - Kinda sad its over so may try and go back for Nameless King!

Really tempted now to go back Elden Ring and start a fresh + DLC :) Unless I can find something else

Currently playing Plague Tale Requiem. It’s alright. But pushing trolleys is maddening!!

Also downloaded the “new” Doom and Doom II release from Bethesda. Good bit of nostalgia and a new episode too. Should give me enough Doom until the new new game comes out! :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom