Garden rebuild.

Associate
OP
Thank you.

Self managed with me doing the donkey work, sorting materials etc. I’ve had builders to do the walling and patio.

There’s a path and a small patio area I’ll see if I have a before photo of.

Once turf is down it’s really going to change.

Oh. I’ve got a gardner helping me and we should get some more stuff planted that will develop over the coming years.

Re: solar. House extension will be a flat roof, (that’s games room shown on page 1 plan) but I don’t fancy having them on it with an elevated frame. More solar is planned for the east / west house roof you can see behind / above the patio. (One day)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thank you. At 1st I didn’t know what you meant about rust…..but I have a client with similar sand stone paving and they do have lots of brown elements in theirs. I assumed it was the style.

Associate
OP
I’ve been lucky then. I’ve had 4 packs I think and they are all good. I’ve got some left for some more work I need to do. Hopefully I don’t need another pack.

Associate
OP
I've done some cutting this week.
Then some hedge planting.
And finally confirmed if my mower would follow the wire I laid under the path....it did. Thank god!

Associate
OP
Another 7.5t of soil, hopefully this is the end of what i'll need.

Bought some climbers for the back fence and planted some thinks that I picked up from facebook locally.

Got rid of my clippings.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Looking top quality John.......

Ta, soon it should look better.

Looks great, we’re in need of something similar as have a garden similar to this, although I have not the skills nor resources to do myself so will be having to pay someone to do it all.

It is not going to be cheap :(

Yes I’m fortunate that I can do lots myself and have access to materials etc. I can see £100k+ here if I got in a landscaping firm and said “do this”

Q: tye paving up to the brick - is there some form of drainage/damp course?
I’m thinking that having slabs up to the brick means the bricks will soak up water (a)soaks through and (b)freezing will fracture the bricks.

I’ve got a drain round the patio. All slabs are below the damp course on the house.

Associate
OP
Ahh, the ground here is weird. It's a sandstone mix and goes "glaggy" when wet but drains well. It's incredibly hard when bone dry but stuff grows in it easily. Go back to my overgrown posts earlier in the thread.

Associate
OP
Small update. I bought some more thing for my border today, weeded and planted. Hopefully the grow.

Stuff:

Before:

After:

Oh, I'm building another shed. Hopefully done this month if I have the time:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
TY. Been on the shed base all morning. 6 1/2 meters of concrete laid....and it's now raining. I want to get it floated today....it's going to be a late finish assuming it stops raining.

Back
Top Bottom