Garden rebuild.

Thank you.

Self managed with me doing the donkey work, sorting materials etc. I’ve had builders to do the walling and patio.

There’s a path and a small patio area I’ll see if I have a before photo of.

Once turf is down it’s really going to change.

Oh. I’ve got a gardner helping me and we should get some more stuff planted that will develop over the coming years.

Re: solar. House extension will be a flat roof, (that’s games room shown on page 1 plan) but I don’t fancy having them on it with an elevated frame. More solar is planned for the east / west house roof you can see behind / above the patio. (One day)

Last edited:
That looks a nice job. Did you have any problems with "rust" on the kandla grey bought through the lockdowns? Personally I don't mind the odd one rusting but we put down multiple packs 2020-21 where 40% went over. Jewsons finally admitted they were "probably" seconds, refunding and big discounts on future buys

Thank you. At 1st I didn’t know what you meant about rust…..but I have a client with similar sand stone paving and they do have lots of brown elements in theirs. I assumed it was the style.

The "rust" is natural iron in the stone. The problem is when people expect a uniformed look even though it is a natural product. The odd 290x290 rusting looks fine. Its when the 900x600's in a pack virually all change I had problems.

I’ve been lucky then. I’ve had 4 packs I think and they are all good. I’ve got some left for some more work I need to do. Hopefully I don’t need another pack.

I've done some cutting this week.
Then some hedge planting.
And finally confirmed if my mower would follow the wire I laid under the path....it did. Thank god!

Another 7.5t of soil, hopefully this is the end of what i'll need.

Bought some climbers for the back fence and planted some thinks that I picked up from facebook locally.

Got rid of my clippings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom