Gattuso for global ban?

Caporegime
Of course it is allowed :confused: Gattuso needs to grow up.

No, the headbutt was the worst offence.

So you are allowed to call a player **** ******* ******* ******** ******* as a manager/assistant manager? Sorry but i highly doubt FIFA or w,e promote that and

Still, nothing in the leaning into his forehead really, and if there was it should be a 2 season ban as that guy was banned for putting his hand near the refs neck.

EDIT:

Tottenham coach Joe Jordan called Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso a "******* Italian b******", which sparked the Italian's attack after the final whistle, agent Claudio Pasqualin has revealed.

Gattuso faces a Uefa discplinary for headbutting the Scot after a bad tempered second half at the San Siro .

But, in circumstances similar to the Zinedine Zidane - Marco Materazzi feud, Pasqualin claims Jordan sparked the fire.

"What seems clear to me is that my client was seriously provoked by Joe Jordan," Pasqualin told Radio Kiss Kiss.

"Jordan, after having continuously beaked at him, insulted him with the lowest of phrases '******* Italian b*****'.

If true i'd lamp him. (or attempt to, heard he's hard =<)

Last edited:
Soldato
now let's not be silly. calling someone names is nowhere near as bad as squaring up and trying to headbutt them. If JJ has actually said that, then it just shows how narrow-minded he is, but banter is prevalent in sport at all level (i'm not calling xenophobia banter though), and players should rise above it or give him stick back. Being an ambassador for the game like Gattuso is supposed to be, he should not be flailing around on the groud like a child, squaring up to people and trying to hurt them.

Plus, Joe Jordan was a very popular player when he was at AC Milan

Caporegime
now let's not be silly. calling someone names is nowhere near as bad as squaring up and trying to headbutt them. If JJ has actually said that, then it just shows how narrow-minded he is, but banter is prevalent in sport at all level (i'm not calling xenophobia banter though), and players should rise above it or give him stick back. Being an ambassador for the game like Gattuso is supposed to be, he should not be flailing around on the groud like a child, squaring up to people and trying to hurt them.

Plus, Joe Jordan was a very popular player when he was at AC Milan

Yeah well racism isn't banter, or Materatzi insulting Zidane's ill mother was it? Both were asking for it, and as a coach/assistant you are still an ambassador to the sport and should conduct yourself properly, throwing mindless abuse is not conducting yourself properly.

His popularity changes nothing.

Caporegime
So you are allowed to call a player **** ******* ******* ******** ******* as a manager/assistant manager? Sorry but i highly doubt FIFA or w,e promote that and

Still, nothing in the leaning into his forehead really, and if there was it should be a 2 season ban as that guy was banned for putting his hand near the refs neck.

EDIT:

Wow if thats true what Jordan said then shame on him as well but still no reason to go and lamp him one...if anything Gattuso should have just told him to STFU and score a goal himself then go celebrate in front of Jordan...that would have been a more apt way of getting back:p.

Caporegime
Shows what delicate feelings Gattuso has then, can't take it on the chin like a man. See Napoleon complex.
Everyone has different temprements, but there is no reason to insult someone over absolutely nothing, thats just a big as offence in its own if hes trying to get a reaction out of the player.
Without coming across too rash, if you're in a football game, someone is fully aware of say an ill family member or one recently passed away and they go 'how is your dead mother?' (using Zidane example if true), would you just walk off?

Wow if thats true what Jordan said then shame on him as well but still no reason to go and lamp him one...if anything Gattuso should have just told him to STFU and score a goal himself then go celebrate in front of Jordan...that would have been a more apt way of getting back:p.

True. (well maybe he deserved the worlds smallest headbutt which he recieved thankfully.)

Soldato
Ahahaha, if somebody called me a ****ing English ********, I certainly wouldn't feel inclined to just walk up to them and headbutt them. You, mem the guy next to you and any other normal person would take way more goading and provoking than that.

That's a rubbish excuse and a massive overreaction. That is such a tame insult.

Soldato
Yeah well racism isn't banter, or Materatzi insulting Zidane's ill mother was it? Both were asking for it, and as a coach/assistant you are still an ambassador to the sport and should conduct yourself properly, throwing mindless abuse is not conducting yourself properly.

His popularity changes nothing.

yes, i said it's not banter. but it's no reason to headbutt someone either.

banter/taking the mick/winding someone up - part of sport

headbutting someone - not part of sport

I'm very sure that worse things have been said between sportsman with neither side reacting like that.

Caporegime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XpEoCvW2Wo
More in that headbutt tbh and what happened to him? Global ban ;D?

Also if Gattuso reacted to Joe calling him a big girls blouse or a **** footballer, i'll hold my hand up and say its wrong for his reaction and should serve a 3-4 match ban, but if he's being mindlessly racist or persistent insults of a more vulgar manner it is a pity he wasn't properly headbutted. (And in that case both could be banned)

Associate

You really are a soft-touch aren't you? :o

So what he called him some name? Are you trollin' or something?! THIS IS FOOTBALL. Every other word out of most people's mouths in the stadium is something childish and nasty. Is it right? No. Is it something to headbutt someone over? Hell no.

Grow up.

Nor

Nor

Associate
Clearly throwing abuse/harrasing Gattuso, unless that is allowed?
Gattuso didn't get wound up because the old timer is ugly did he?

Blown out of proportion this, basically put his forehead against the old guys, if thats a headbutt, zidanes must have been some sort of super saiyan headbutt out of dragonballz

Sounds like you're a bit biased.

Caporegime
[J.D.C];18481039 said:
You really are a soft-touch aren't you? :o

So what he called him some name? Are you trollin' or something?! THIS IS FOOTBALL. Every other word out of most people's mouths in the stadium is something childish and nasty. Is it right? No. Is it something to headbutt someone over? Hell no.

Grow up.

There is a difference between shouting something as a fan and a coach, essentially it should be the same but its not, the coach is representing the sport and his club.

Neither of these situations are correct but hypothetically speaking, a coach should shout abuse at other players just like fans do and it should be fine and they shouldn't be punished like fans?

What about if a fan chants 'Munich', 'Murderers', 'Hillsborough', they get away with it, i cannot see a manager or assistant manager getting away with it. Just because its less vulgar its still wrong and they shouldn't be allowed to do it.

Gattuso should be banned, as should Joe, both conducted themselves poorly, Joe has clearly been fueling the bonfire with unacceptable behaviour, but **** me there are bigger problems in sport than Gattuso being allowed to play. De Jong being the prime example.

Soldato
Gattuso has always been a mouthy little pug. I think the phrase "the smallest dog always barks the loudest" applies here. He'd be better off in the Curva with a megaphone directing the ultras than doing that on the pitch.

Soldato
Shows what delicate feelings Gattuso has then, can't take it on the chin like a man. See Napoleon complex.

how about the next time you go to work we get someone you know and dont like to stand calling you names/shouting abuse at intervals throughout your day.

if fans can be thrown out for shouting abuse then why arent nobber assistant managers who should know better and who should be setting an example ?

Associate
There is a difference between shouting something as a fan and a coach, essentially it should be the same but its not, the coach is representing the sport and his club.

Sticks and stones my friend. Sticks and stones.

It's a bit depressing when you seem to be intent on proving all those who think football isn't a man's game are right.

These are paid professionals, they can say what they like to each other. No matter if it's in bad taste or not. They however cannot attack each other.

Gattuso is still the mug for reacting. He's meant to be experienced, not reacting like an apprentice in the youth setup.

Neither of these situations are correct but hypothetically speaking, a coach should shout abuse at other players just like fans do and it should be fine and they shouldn't be punished like fans?

I believe you can verbally say what you like. Words are words. Head-butting is a physical attack.

What about if a fan chants 'Munich', 'Murderers', 'Hillsborough', they get away with it, i cannot see a manager or assistant manager getting away with it. Just because its less vulgar its still wrong and they shouldn't be allowed to do it.

I personally believe that peer pressure should get rid of those parts of the game.

Gattuso should be banned, as should Joe, both conducted themselves poorly, Joe has clearly been fueling the bonfire with unacceptable behaviour, but **** me there are bigger problems in sport than Gattuso being allowed to play. De Jong being the prime example.

I'd be surprised if Joe Jordan got anything but even so, a minor fine at best.

Gattuso deserves ten times more.

Back
Top Bottom