Gattuso for global ban?

Caporegime
Any idea how long a ban he served for that?

No idea, none at all?

how about the next time you go to work we get someone you know and dont like to stand calling you names/shouting abuse at intervals throughout your day.

I'd use the skills acquired in the transition from adolescence to manhood to manage this in a way that doesn't involve behaving like a giant baby and not resorting to physical violence.

if fans can be thrown out for shouting abuse then why arent nobber assistant managers who should know better and who should be setting an example ?

If it was proved that Joe Jordan initially started to wind up Gattuso for no good reason, then I hope he is given a touchline ban or a fine.

It was clear Gattuso was suffering from a bit of male PMT when he started slapping the pitch, having a go at Crouch and maoning at VDV about the spat.

Last edited:

Soldato
seriously will you stop calling that headbutt.

it was a wishy washy tap.

you think Gattuso would have picked up the national past time when he was at Rangers but no.

note to Rino

this is how you stick the head in someone

my favourite headbutt of all time, another mouthy sod getting what he deserved :)

Caporegime
[J.D.C];18481224 said:
Sticks and stones my friend. Sticks and stones.

It's a bit depressing when you seem to be intent on proving all those who think football isn't a man's game are right.

These are paid professionals, they can say what they like to each other. No matter if it's in bad taste or not. They however cannot attack each other.

Gattuso is still the mug for reacting. He's meant to be experienced, not reacting like an apprentice in the youth setup.

I believe you can verbally say what you like. Words are words. Head-butting is a physical attack.

I personally believe that peer pressure should get rid of those parts of the game.

I'd be surprised if Joe Jordan got anything but even so, a minor fine at best.

Gattuso deserves ten times more.

I don't see how throwing abuse at someone is 'manly' or makes you 'the big lad' sorry, if you want it to be a more manly mans game lets just headbutt anyways, its a bit pathetic when you can't seem to just let your team play the match rather than you having to provoke players. Unless they are cheating in which case you should let it be known to the referee during the game or officials after.

Joe Jordan should be experienced enough not to insult someones nationality/race. Nevermind insulting them mindlessly in the first place. Acting as a role model for kids who want to be involved in the business in anyway.

If you believe you can say what you like, lets just have managers and everyone chanting about horrific events, its only words at the end of the day? Words affect people in different ways, keep your ****ing mouth shut if you just intend on blindly insulting someone.

If you believe Gattuso deserves sooooo much, do you think Nani deserved a lengthy ban for his headbutt, which looked more of a headbutt than Gatuso's?

Caporegime
Gattuso should get a few matches for general bad conduct.

Hands around Joe's neck, headbutt, fighting with players trying to pull him away, continually arguing with players and throwing a tantrum and slapping the pitch.

Associate
I don't see how throwing abuse at someone is 'manly' or makes you 'the big lad' sorry, if you want it to be a more manly mans game lets just headbutt anyways, its a bit pathetic when you can't seem to just let your team play the match rather than you having to provoke players. Unless they are cheating in which case you should let it be known to the referee during the game or officials after.

This is getting a bit silly now. What age are you? Why can't you understand what I'm saying?

I'm never said calling someone a nasty name was manly. I said it's a man's game and being a man (being a grown-up) means you don't react to someone who's talking rubbish to you.

Joe Jordan should be experienced enough not to insult someones nationality/race. Nevermind insulting them mindlessly in the first place. Acting as a role model for kids who want to be involved in the business in anyway.

This is Gattuso's side of it isn't it? Has anyone else actually confirmed what Jordan said? It's not like Rino hadn't already thrown his toys out of the pram before this incident happened anyway.

I mean if he has said what he's deemed to have said, then sure, give him a fine. That said, I don't think he's got anything to worry about. Gattuso's reaction in a way has saved him from any inquiry in my eyes.

If you believe you can say what you like, lets just have managers and everyone chanting about horrific events, its only words at the end of the day? Words affect people in different ways, keep your ****ing mouth shut if you just intend on blindly insulting someone.

Why would managers necessarily do that though? What the hell are you on about?

Are all football managers scum-bags or something in your eyes?

I'll say it again. If other fellow fans put peer pressure on those who chant horrible things with real bad taste - it would eventually become less and less seen and heard. Others might disagree but that's my take on that scenario.

If you believe Gattuso deserves sooooo much, do you think Nani deserved a lengthy ban for his headbutt, which looked more of a headbutt than Gatuso's?

Yes he did. Happened months and months ago though so what's your point? Nani deserved a ban for just being a girly prat nevermind the headbutt.

Also on an unrelated note, the "soooooooo" thing you did there is like something a 12 year old would type. :p

Caporegime
[J.D.C];18481716 said:
Also on an unrelated note, the "soooooooo" thing you did there is like something a 12 year old would type. :p

Which all tallies in with thinking it's acceptable to react physically to a verbal comment.

Caporegime
[J.D.C];18481716 said:
This is getting a bit silly now. What age are you? Why can't you understand what I'm saying?

I'm never said calling someone a nasty name was manly. I said it's a man's game and being a man (being a grown-up) means you don't react to someone who's talking rubbish to you.

This is Gattuso's side of it isn't it? Has anyone else actually confirmed what Jordan said? It's not like Rino hadn't already thrown his toys out of the pram before this incident happened anyway.

I mean if he has said what he's deemed to have said, then sure, give him a fine. That said, I don't think he's got anything to worry about. Gattuso's reaction in a way has saved him from any inquiry in my eyes.

Why would managers necessarily do that though? What the hell are you on about?

Are all football managers scum-bags or something in your eyes?

I'll say it again. If other fellow fans put peer pressure on those who chant horrible things with real bad taste - it would eventually become less and less seen and heard. Others might disagree but that's my take on that scenario.

Yes he did. Happened months and months ago though so what's your point? Nani deserved a ban for just being a girly prat nevermind the headbutt.

Well if it is a mans game in the first place, Joe shouldn't be near it if he can only throw verbal abuse instead of rising above it, so really they are just proving the point rather than myself.

Yeah, if those quotes are false, which for some reason i doubt they are, its a horrendous overreaction from Gattuso, but if Joe was being an outright ******** he had it coming.

I'm just saying if everyone is treated equally and allowed to throw abuse, where do you define too much verbal abuse, just stamp it out completely and play the game instead of being a bunch of fannys.
peer pressure won't work, large groups do this stuff as sickening as it is.

Nani thing might have happened months/years ago, that wasn't blown out of proportion, not going to guess why, but really this is even less than that headbutt. I would agree he deserves a ban for previous diving antics but he hasn't been too bad in the last while.

I am 12.

Caporegime
Gattuso should get a few matches for general bad conduct.

Hands around Joe's neck, headbutt, fighting with players trying to pull him away, continually arguing with players and throwing a tantrum and slapping the pitch.
Don't know why he should get banned for arguing with players, throwing a tantrum and slapping the pitch.
I wouldn't define pushing people of him holding him back as fighting to be honest.

Which all tallies in with thinking it's acceptable to react physically to a verbal comment.

Didn't say it was acceptable, but he should expect some sort of response if he is going to throw mindless abuse, nevermind the fact he shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

Caporegime
He should be banned because he did all of those things. I could argue till I go blue in the face but the key thing is that Gattuso himself admitted he was wrong and refuses to say what was actually said. He doesn't deserve a lengthy ban but his actions cannot go unpunished as it sets a bad example. See the UEFA respect armband he was wearing? He is supposed to be a role model instead he was a shining beacon for everything I hate about football. He was outpaced and couldn't keep up with the game, the frustrated the former great. Same with Clarence, they need to call it a day.

I'd much rather Flamini get a lengthy ban for one of the worst tackles I have seen in a long while,

Soldato
[quote='Arry Redknapp]"Joe is not, and never has been, a racist. There is no chance of Joe saying that. He has the utmost respect for Italy and their people. Italians are among his close friends, he speaks the language and is a great admirer of their way of life."[/quote]
I'm not racist, some of my best friends are wops. :cool:

Caporegime
I'm not racist, some of my best friends are wops. :cool:

Not quite the same, Jordan did play in Italy for 4 years as well. Anyway, if someone called me an English **** - I wouldn't take it in a racist way. Trust Gattuso to play the race card. Last time I checked, being Italian isn't a 'race'.

Soldato
I'm not trying to argue any kind of point here, I just thought the "I'm not racist, some of my best friends are black!" defence was pretty classic by Redknapp.

Back
Top Bottom