*** GB News *** (stay on topic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm seriously unimpressed. This is their launch night. I expected news, documentaries, reports, and the like. Instead I got someone talking about the body language of the G7 leaders and Her Majesty cutting a cake. A while later they were talking about someone in America being cancelled for criticising Asian food.

Really? Seriously? Is that the level of GB News? I voted with the Off button.
This describes the Daily Mail's front page, but in a form where you just sit and have it read out to you.

So it'll probably be very successful.

Soldato
“It will launch on Sunday 13 June at 8pm on Sky on channel 515, Freeview channel 236 and Virgin Media channel 626’

216 on Freesat had to retune the box

I don't see why so many people on Twitter are having total meltdowns over this channel's existence. Surely it's healthy to have other opinions and perspectives out there. I've found it interesting so far even if I don't agree with everyone.

When it comes to media, I don't particularly like the Guardian for example but I'll still peruse through because it helps me establish where the balance is in relation to everything else (plus past investigative journalism has actually been good). DM comment reading is also a guilty pleasure :D

Maybe I'm just mental but I do understand that while I may not like something, I can appreciate its right to exist. I suppose all the raging about GBN being a bigoted and racist channel and calling for boycotts of advertisers just makes their point for them.

Guardian is predictably going nuts over its worth it just to watch the lefties have mental breakdowns

Soldato
The reaction to it all is really not surprising but highly embarrassing and really sad.

I guess now it's just another way of identifying who is a gammon and against free speech if you mention you may watch it. And if you don't watch it and refuse to buy any items that is advertised on the channel then you are the 21st century moral free speech society hero.

Still no bridging the gap for the middle ground. Its just basically talk radio for the TV. My personal view swings more towards the GB news, bit it was all a bit cringe slightly. But then most news is cringe at the minute.

Permabanned
The reaction to it all is really not surprising but highly embarrassing and really sad.

I guess now it's just another way of identifying who is a gammon and against free speech if you mention you may watch it. And if you don't watch it and refuse to buy any items that is advertised on the channel then you are the 21st century moral free speech society hero.

Still no bridging the gap for the middle ground. Its just basically talk radio for the TV. My personal view swings more towards the GB news, bit it was all a bit cringe slightly. But then most news is cringe at the minute.

How is news cringe worthy.....it's news! News is no different regardless of the channel.

Soldato
They put that woke fool Butterworth straight at least.
I still think Wooton was unnecessarily rude and dismissive to him tbh. Should have let him expand further on why he feels it's offensive. I was also hoping that "woke" wasn't going to be thrown around as an insult so much because it just feels like stooping down to playground level to me.

Neil Oliver was far more measured and civilised - I'm looking forward to watching him.

Soldato
Yeah tbf most launch nights are all about the worst kind of programming to give it a good head start on ratings.

That was quite a hilariously weak cope wasn’t it :cry:

Judging by the opening speech, a lot of people are really not going to like this.

Blimey Rob, you’re actually right for once....

I'm seriously unimpressed. This is their launch night. I expected news, documentaries, reports, and the like. Instead I got someone talking about the body language of the G7 leaders and Her Majesty cutting a cake. A while later they were talking about someone in America being cancelled for criticising Asian food.

Really? Seriously? Is that the level of GB News? I voted with the Off button.

Just not in the way you were thinking :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom