*** GB News *** (stay on topic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I can't believe some in here are trying to say "gammon" in racist. It isn't derogatory because of their skin colour. They aren't being made out to be simple/thick/criminal or less human because of the colour of their skin. Being white has never been a racist term here. It does work as an insult though because our skin can go bright pink/red when we get angry, it doesn't work on darker skinned humans because theirs doesn't. Wouldn't surprise me if every race/culture has a similar term though for such people. This is purely politics, its a great insult to throw at these people you see raging and going bright red over what is normally nonsense. Its nothing like insulting someone because of the colour of their skin, the colour of a "gammons" skin when they are raging just makes the insult work, its their attitude/behaviour that is asking for the insult.

Racists love playing the race card whenever they can, an idiot I know went off on one when Lebron James called that crazy woman 'Karen', he would not shut up about how that is a terrible racist word. You can't reason with stupid.

No as the definition doesn't mention skin colour. Urban youths can be white, black, Asian, whatever.

As was explained to you, which you struggled with for some reason, it is a young person from an urban environment. Typically impoverished.
Errrrrrr, yes?

Unless your definition of racism is different to mine.
Can you guys align because black is mentioned in the description of urban youth the last time I checked :p

I see the plucky little disruptor channel, bravely going up against the establishment and the MSM, got to ask a question to the PM in his press conference the day after it launched.

It's worth a watch just to see how they go about mugging their target audience into believing they are all free-thinking patriots because they agree with everything they're told by the foreign-owned media outlet telling them to harm their own country.

So is GBN really so bad that its intended supporters cant actually defend it but unstead try to get the thread shut by going on about 'gammon' being racist and how offended they are despite their insistence for free speech?

What a bunch of clowns. This thread is a parody wrapped within a parody.

Oh my god... is anyone watching the current segment?

:cry::cry::cry:

"The problem is with these budgets is that they spend them, every year!!!"

Transform the English:

"People stick to their budgets"

Same paragraph:

"They're over spending!!!"

:cry:

Defending the foreign aid cut now. Strap line WAR ON WASTE - aid money going to wealthy foreign cities
The key point was about trialling an electronic payments system - google M-Pesa and see how it transformed Turkey; how it was driven thanks to demonetisation in India.

Happily pay for a man to learn how to fish than send them another pallet of grain.

Just watched another 5 mins. This women really is doing her best to stir up hate, its working too because I can feel my hate for her growing by the second!

The messaging hasn't changed, banner below " War on Waste! Foreign aid given to rich cities!" People who like this messaging must be raising one with joy that someone is finally "telling it like it is". Its like listening to Nigel Farage 24/7... that's a mental image I didn't need.

Oh my god... is anyone watching the current segment?

:cry::cry::cry:

"The problem is with these budgets is that they spend them, every year!!!"

Transform the English:

"People stick to their budgets"

Same paragraph:

"They're over spending!!!"

:cry:

I have only just senn this thread and seen the website.. however....

The problem with budgets are... if you don't spend what you have been allocated, in government, you typically get a REDUCTION the following year, no matter what is planned.
So... people INTENTIONALLY spend the full amount of their budgets so they don't get left short. e.g. putting in mini-roundabouts just to get the budget fulfilled.

The intentional -unneeded- spending is almost certainly what they are referring to.

So, why do they make sure they spend the full amount? Because getting the money back after it has been reduced is hell. (no excuses, as I see problems on both sides).

"Broadcast said 57% of GB News’ opening show’s audience was male, while 52% were aged 65 years or older and 82% were from the ABC1 demographic."

Literally, old white, affluent males.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom