• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Gear Thread - Pics

Soldato
I agree, I prefer the Edge Pro to the Floyd Rose. Although my main style of playing doesn't use a trem a lot, my friend has a Charvel with a Floyd Rose and a Prestige with an Edge Pro. I'm not sure what you'd call the Floyd Rose as there's no cavaty in the body and it's just plonked on top. The Edge Pro is inside the body so logically that would be better regardless? :confused:

What a confuddling post. :o Basically what I'm saying is, I prefered the Edge Pro on his Ibanez to the Floyd Rose on his Charvel.

Associate
fuz said:
Another pic of my messaround room. It really needs sorting as it's a jungle in there.

gear.jpg

Nice collection, want to sell that TD Sig? :)

Soldato
naffa said:
I agree, I prefer the Edge Pro to the Floyd Rose. Although my main style of playing doesn't use a trem a lot, my friend has a Charvel with a Floyd Rose and a Prestige with an Edge Pro. I'm not sure what you'd call the Floyd Rose as there's no cavaty in the body and it's just plonked on top. The Edge Pro is inside the body so logically that would be better regardless? :confused:

What a confuddling post. :o Basically what I'm saying is, I prefered the Edge Pro on his Ibanez to the Floyd Rose on his Charvel.

His Floyd will only allow for divebombs not pull-ups as there's no cavity. Whether that makes it worse than the Edge Pro is up to you lol It's a good idea if you're into drop tuning as the other strings won't go out of tune.

Associate
I've been meaning to post my gear for ages, finally had a night of bordom ;)

1.jpg

The amp, JCM 800 2205, Marshall 4x12 'B' cab, and a non descript 4x10 cab.

2.jpg

The main axe, 1972 Les Paul Deluxe. (the pickup swaping had nothing to do with me)

3.jpg

The FX, just use the GT-6 and Bud Wah mainly.

4.jpg

The audio gear. based around a Delta 1010lt.

Associate
5.jpg

My drums, as every guitarist wishes they could play drums..well i do

6.jpg

The acoustic, Tanglewood Odyssey

7.jpg

The small slightly more portable amp. Fender 112 Deluxe

..and there we have it. I also have a Yamaha Pacifica, but you all know what they look like!

Associate
Dave said:
Using a hi hat stand as a stand for a ride cymbal - shame on you :p

I was wondering who would pick up on that :p

left the ride stand at a gig in Yorkshire and for some reason had a spare high hat stand.. works well enough for my simple needs :)

got a China Trash and Zildjian Crash lying about doing nothing as i don't have enough stands. the drummer in the band always leaves his cymbals here. since he sold his lovely Tama kit he's had no use for them.. silly fool.

loving the gretch kit btw sir!

Soldato
skinnyl said:
I was wondering who would pick up on that :p

left the ride stand at a gig in Yorkshire and for some reason had a spare high hat stand.. works well enough for my simple needs :)

got a China Trash and Zildjian Crash lying about doing nothing as i don't have enough stands. the drummer in the band always leaves his cymbals here. since he sold his lovely Tama kit he's had no use for them.. silly fool.

loving the gretch kit btw sir!

Can never have too many cymbals! I bought another Pearl B-1000 boom arm the other day as I got a new cymbal through (11" Paiste 2oo2 splash) and I've got a custom Paiste (8" 2oo2 bell) on the way from Switzerland too :D

Only problem is I've not played for a while now as I can't play my kit here at uni - nowhere to even leave the drums, let alone play. I've had a bit of a shift in mentality over the past couple of weeks towards focusing on engineering (my degree) than trying to be successful in a musical sense. My lecturer convinced me, as he said he went into engineering, made a ton of cash and then bought loads of guitars :D

Associate
Dave said:
Can never have too many cymbals!
Quoted for the truth!

I'm currently stuck deciding if I should get a cable hat and some 14" Paiste Signature Soundedge hats, to put either over my toms in front, or next to the ride, or if I should get splashes and a china.

It's a tough decision :(

Man of Honour
And now to upset all the drummers -
I think those upside down cymbals should be banned and I always encourage my drummers to leave them at home.
If anybody can provide a link to an upside down cymbal crash that sounds amazing then lead on.

Associate
dmpoole said:
And now to upset all the drummers -
I think those upside down cymbals should be banned and I always encourage my drummers to leave them at home.
If anybody can provide a link to an upside down cymbal crash that sounds amazing then lead on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J7szWDytCw

Mr Cobham uses one here (on the left of the kit, he has it the same way up as a normal cymbal thou).

either way i think they sound wicked. i guess it's subjective thou eh? ;)

Associate
Associate
Billy Cobham is a total legend.

Hands down my favourite drummer/jazz artist, and easily one of the best drummers ever. Check out a song called Stratus and one called Red Baron on youtube. Oh yeah, and 2 weeks ago i met him and watched him play from backstage... get in..

See here (pimp my thread, but hey)

Soldato
Well I got a new guitar a few days ago (well, second hand but new to me) - a Yamaha APX7. Very nice guitar, easy to play, full bodied sound.

guitar2my9.jpg

guitaran3.jpg

I got a new 11" Paiste 2oo2 splash cymbal and some percussion bits too for my kit. Still waiting on an 8" Paiste 2oo2 bell which has to be custom made at the Swiss factory, but here's a pic of the kit and a couple of artsy cymbal shots:

kituj1.jpg

ridelg5.jpg

chinatr7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom