Gear Thread - Pics

Caporegime
Soldato
Tell him I'm interested in the strat :)

Id personally pay £550 for it tbh if it was perfect with no blemishes purely for nostalgia.....imo 2002/3 was a great period for these and (they sounded and played to my liking) when I first bought my first usa strat. They were going for £650 brand new at this time, and pre the price hike yo dawg heard you like a price hike on your price hike era.

It was the payability on these that inspired the guitars I make now.

Soldato
Guys, looking for a fairly capable interface for the MBP that will do guitar, mic and probably keyboard (not all at the same time). and 2i/2o would probably do. Looking at Makie, or maybe the NI one as it comes with a load of good NI software

Thanks

Associate
I bought a new Snare drum for my little Gretsch kit as the kit one is a bit hard to get a decent tune out of.

Snare_zpstmndjicg.jpg

13x6 Mapex MPX Maple snare. Just need to put my preferred heads on it and it'll be ready to play.

Soldato
I bought a new Snare drum for my little Gretsch kit as the kit one is a bit hard to get a decent tune out of.

13x6 Mapex MPX Maple snare. Just need to put my preferred heads on it and it'll be ready to play.

That's a lovely drum dude! My current snare is a 13x6 and cranked it gives a lovely pop and still has lots of body. I'm thinking of getting a 14x6.5 Worldmax Black Brass - just something a bit different. It's got decent reviews and is in the same sort of ballpark as a Black Beauty at a fraction of the price.

Can't get it yet though, as I'm overhauling my cymbal collection at the moment - I've realised that all my crashes are damage repaired and I'm in dire need of some new pies. We're going into the studio in a couple of months and I really need some.

I will post pics when I get them, but I've committed to buy:

18" HHX Xplosion Crash
18" AAX Xplosion Crash
18" AAX Metal Crash
19" AAX Xplosion Crash
19" AAX Metal Crash

:o

Soldato
Had three guitars stolen from secure building, discovered tonight. Taken in the last 10 days.

Yamaha RBX220 Bass (red), not worth much but had a large sentimental value
Ibanez EW acoustic
and the one that hurts the most, 2005 Warwick FNA Corvette 4 string :(

The last one will be hard to push on without questions being asked, I would have thought. If anyone hears anything, please let me know.

Thanks

Soldato
^ impossible for a non drummer to understand :p

Was in PMT today drooling at the Dual Rectifiers :cool: :(

Deffo intending to come to your gig btw!

Haha, they're near the top of the line cymbals - they were all 2nd hand but for those 5 it still cost about £600 :eek: still a lot cheaper than buying new and they're all in pretty much perfect condition.

Cymbals are things I refuse to go cheap on tbh; you can make a budget kit sound good with new heads, tuning them well etc but if the cymbals sound like bin lids there's no getting around that.

Got GAS? I have :(

Awesome dude, give me a shout before the gig so I can get tickets to you! :D

Back
Top Bottom