Gear Thread - Pics

Associate
Started off on the hunt for a new guitar (see my Suhr thread on here)...

Ended up thinking I'm going to buy a Victory V30 to replace my Marshall Stack (too big) and added over a grands worth of crap to the order.

Is this what being into gear is like? I miss the days of playing my ****** LTD :D

Edit: Victory V30 purchased and with me soon!

Pedals currently on hold but will get em this week I think. Whoot :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm toying with the idea of buying a ridiculous, unjustifiable amp, for dose Hetfield tonez. Just.... Because. Currently eyeing up a roadster combo hmm.

Soldato
Nothing particularly exciting, but useful nonetheless. Got a heavy duty Protection Racket cymbal bag off the 'Bay, hardly used for £36. They're £80 odd new, so quite a bargain IMO. This one will be for my gig/studio set to replace my ageing Sabian bag - it's served me well for around 14/15 years but the time has come to retire it I think.

5qoIxlV.jpg

I cracked my HHX China at rehearsal the other week, so the time came to actually bite the bullet and get some rehearsal cymbals. I was looking on eBay and FB buy/sell groups but not really finding anything affordable that was half decent. I was browsing Gumtree and hit the jackpot - a guy was selling a big set of Sabian B8's just up the road in Tewkesbury. Not just the usual hats, crash and ride set, but hats, splash (brand new, sticker still on it), two 16" crashes, two 18" crashes, a ride and 18" china.....for £150 :eek: The ad had only been up a few hours so I text him straight away and said I could collect the same night. It had been put up on eBay for £120 start, but said I could collect cash in hand for £140 so I went up there straight away to pick them up! He was a nice guy but just didn't play anymore, and although he said he'd probably let them go a little cheaper than market rate (he did, a lot) he was happy for me to have them. Absolute steal. Also chucked in a surprisingly good Stagg cymbal bag and a load of unused sticks! Mental.

43fux9P.jpg

Associate
A few different setups!

The Gig Rig:
Mostly just for a punk and classic rock covers and

Hayden Mini Mofo, Marshall 2x12 (duno the model, but its old, from the 70s/80s)

2 Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro's - Great British made guitars, very simialr to PRS
24wbsef.jpg

Work Rig, for recording!
Laney Lionheart LH20, Mesa Boogie Triple Rect, Blackstar Artisan 100, VHT Pitbull 50, Marshall JCM800 (1986)
Not Pictured - H&K 4x12, Fender Deluxe, Fender Princeton, Blackstar 30 combo
Funny thing is, a terrible guitar player!

uuclf.jpg

Bass Rig
Most of my time is spent playing bass
Fender Jazz Dlx, Ampeg Portaflex 500watt
And a gormless picture of me playing
f9mauw.jpg

Soldato
Good buy, same as 2015 but £2k less lol

It's my dream guitar!!!

I basically have a 1959 top on a 1958 guitar for about a few thousand less :) The neck is lovely on this guitar. It makes my Deluxe seem so thin it is unreal.

The historic series offered by the Custom Shop in 2015 has been a mess. Taking the still inaccurate specs, and charging more for them and then offering a historical inspired, again inaccurate specs is just down right robbery.

Don't get me started on the Gibson USA ranges either :(

Caporegime
I basically have a 1959 top on a 1958 guitar for about a few thousand less :) The neck is lovely on this guitar. It makes my Deluxe seem so thin it is unreal.

The historic series offered by the Custom Shop in 2015 has been a mess. Taking the still inaccurate specs, and charging more for them and then offering a historical inspired, again inaccurate specs is just down right robbery.

Don't get me started on the Gibson USA ranges either :(

I know the feeling...accurate plastics for a £2k price hike....what on earth Gibson?!

As for 2015 USA line, at least that episode is over, they are back to 2014 spec for 2016 now. Dropped all of it, even the removable pick guard and the case.

What amp you running into?

Soldato
I know the feeling...accurate plastics for a £2k price hike....what on earth Gibson?!

As for 2015 USA line, at least that episode is over, they are back to 2014 spec for 2016 now. Dropped all of it, even the removable pick guard and the case.

Personally I don't mind if Historics are slightly inaccurate. When I'm playing it, you don't notice the fact the plastics are a different colour, or the pickup rings aren't as rounded as they should be. However I think Gibson should try and get these instruments closer to the originals given the prices are going up for very little gain.

I can't say I played a 2015 so personally I can't comment on how good they are to play but I think changing specs like the fretboard width and adding electronic tuners isn't a great move. However the magnetic pick guard was a brilliant idea and didn't leave that nasty drill hole by the neck pickup. Shame they removed it.

I'm running into a Custom Marshall JTM-1 50th Anniversary Head and 1x12.
For pedals I'm using:

Boss Tuner TU-2, Boss Compressor CS-3, MXR Phase 90, Catalinbread Belle Epoch, Frantone Peach Fuzz, Fulltone OCD, Love Pedal Pickle Vibe, Catalinbread Talisman Reverb.

Back
Top Bottom