Gear Thread - Pics

Soldato
2vwiolt.jpg

Not a great picture but my current live setup.

Tama Starclassic Birch / Bubinga [Hyperdrive]

Bass Drum 22 x 20"
13" Tama G Maple SLP
10" Rack Tom
16" Floor

14" K Mastersounds Hihats (Light Top/Heavy Bottom)
18" K Medium Thin Crash
(Backup Crash 19" K Custom Hybrid Crash)
20" AA Sabian Ride (had it years, love its sound!)

All Pearl Toothless Hardware APART from Iron Cobra Hihat Stand, Speedcobra Kick Pedal (Danmar Zorro Beater)

Custom Made Memory Throne Silverstone Drum Throne

Last edited:
Soldato
Needed a new hi hat stand so bagged an Iron Cobra Lever Gilde from the 'Bay. really happy with it for far, built like a tank and the action is so smooth.

Also managed to get a Cobra Clutch too. I'd had my eye on one for a while but I hadn't seen any at a decent price. Got it from the 'Bay for less than half the retail, and considering it's been hardly used I thought it was a good deal.

qpeYwzk.jpg

Neoni, how is the G Maple? Been thinking about a Maple snare for a while now, and the SLP looks and sounds good from the media I've seen. Cheers!

Soldato
Needed a new hi hat stand so bagged an Iron Cobra Lever Gilde from the 'Bay. really happy with it for far, built like a tank and the action is so smooth.

Also managed to get a Cobra Clutch too. I'd had my eye on one for a while but I hadn't seen any at a decent price. Got it from the 'Bay for less than half the retail, and considering it's been hardly used I thought it was a good deal.

qpeYwzk.jpg

Neoni, how is the G Maple? Been thinking about a Maple snare for a while now, and the SLP looks and sounds good from the media I've seen. Cheers!

I've played really high end snares, such as Tama Warlord Masai's and Craviotto Steambent Maple snares worth £1000, and this is my snare of choice everytime, the amount of remarks it gets off other drummers/musicians is great always saying 'that snare is really nice' 'what a nice snare drum sound etc'

Go try some out mate, i've been a maple fan for years now, it'd take me a lot to change it!

Soldato
I have a 13x6 Tama B/B matching snare that came with the kit and also a 14x6.5 Worldmax Black Brass atm; I've just wanted a few to mix it up a bit. Maple is a lovely wood and I've heard a lot of sound clips of nice maple snares including the SLP G.

It's my 30th in May so I've started the not so subtle hinting ;)

Tk7

Tk7

Associate
Got my xmas present from the Mrs finished, another Thomann kit. Like the last one, I upgraded some hardware, made a new nut, did fret level etc. Really pleased with this one, it's very light and plays very well.

It reminded me how I maybe prefer the Gibson feel and scale length, big frets etc.

2stBCBC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom