Gear Thread - Pics

Associate
Feronix, yeah sorry here's a pic of the stuff I have made so far.

o8CPbnc.jpg

The two on the left were thomann kits with a lot of upgraded bits. The LP was a kit off ebay as I wanted a set neck, again with lots of upgraded bits.

The tele on the right was made with parts I bought seperately, and it came to about 400. That's my main guitar, it's a solid workhorse.

I'm quite into building pedals and guitars and these 4 have been good fun and good experience.

Looks nice dude! Liking the headstock on the left tele. Personally I don't really like the look of telecasters for some reason, but once my strat upgrade is finished (which I am working on these next 3 days) I will build one with the spare neck. Not much of a conventional tele though.

The kits are nice, but finding replacement parts like pickguards for them is near impossible cause they all 'rip off' the original guitar they are trying to be, but obviously with different measurements.

My next two projects will be that tele and a PRS style build. I will definitely post back here, you make sure to do the same :D

2M14Tgb.jpg

Tk7

Tk7

Associate
Looks nice dude! Liking the headstock on the left tele. Personally I don't really like the look of telecasters for some reason, but once my strat upgrade is finished (which I am working on these next 3 days) I will build one with the spare neck. Not much of a conventional tele though.

The kits are nice, but finding replacement parts like pickguards for them is near impossible cause they all 'rip off' the original guitar they are trying to be, but obviously with different measurements.

My next two projects will be that tele and a PRS style build. I will definitely post back here, you make sure to do the same :D

2M14Tgb.jpg

Thanks, that left side Tele is a bit different, the pics don't show it so much. It has a strat style forearm and body contour, it's tuned to D, or drop C when I fancy it.

the tele was something I hated when I was younger, I was very much a gibson fan - I had a les paul, v, sg. I've grown to love the tele though, it's versatility and workhorse build really appeal to me now. I never did get on with strats though, I did have one years ago but sold it on.

The body shape you have sketched out looks good, reminds me of the prs S2, or SG style bevel.

I'm working on something at the moment but very early stages, i'll be sure to post up here when it's done.

I've been making pedals in the meantime as that's a bit easier and less time consuming - clones of the klon centaur, zendrive and a dub siren for a friend (I hadn't heard of one of these before I made it, quite an interesting device).

Associate
I don't hate it necessarily, it's just... no matter how good, expensive, well-made they are, the classic tele design will always look cheap to me. I think it's the lack of depth in the body, the unfinished-looking pickguard and the headstock, oh the headstock...

You're right about that bevel! I just sort of drew it out cause I didn't want a standard drop top, but also not a fully carved body. After drawing I also found it looks like the bevel you find on the Kiesel strats.

Show me some pedals mate! They expensive to make? I'm still looking for a few.

Finished the strat today, now on to the 'telecaster' and also the delivery guy tried to deliver my body wood for the PRS project today but I wasn't in :(

dtJCppv.png

SvkXUzo.png

D87xysT.png

Associate
Hnnnng, the butterscotch fretboard, the off-white pickups, the surf green body. So nice.

Thanks dude, really proud of her! Love the look of the '50s strats so I wanted to go with something like that, make it look slightly aged as if it came staight out of the '50s but has been taken care of very well :D

In reality that guitar is a year and a half old now.

Associate
We all started somewhere mate, if you keep playing you'll see your collection expanding quicker than your wallet :D

That's a very decent bit of kit to start off with either way!
What kinda music do you play?

Associate
Cheers, I have played a tiny bit on and off over the last 10 years, but when my brother moved out he took his guitar away and i was left stranded.
Mainly only play rock music. Really into muse at the moment and got a few of their song books and learning songs from them.

Associate
Love Muse! You should definitely get a multi-effect pedal to get your sound closer to theirs. Also Rocksmith is a good place to start if you're not taking lessons.

Man of Honour
Same, bought the books after i went and saw them at the o2 with my wife. So glad she got me into them.

Any recommendations on pedals as i have no idea what to look for.

I would highly recommend a boss me-50 or any of the more recent versions. Very very easy to use and lots of fun :)

Man of Honour
There's one me-50 second hand on andertons for £70 I think! :)

I paid £250 new and although my pedal board now arguably rivals Raymond's I can't part with it :p

Back
Top Bottom