Gear Thread - Pics

Tk7

Tk7

Associate
Tk7 is that a Harley Benton kit? And did you do the finish yourself looks great.

Yeah it is Jimbo, thanks! The finish was actually really simple too. I had a similar effect on the tele kit I did by accident, so I tried it on this one with a darker stain and i'm pleased how it turned out.

The bodies come with this horrible wood sealer on, so I just roughly sanded it off (combination of hand sanding and random orbital), then applied a couple of coats of black stain. The stain only really takes in the areas where the sanding sealer is completely removed, so it gives that effect. It's finished with something similar to tru-oil, about 8 coats, then lightly sanded for a slightly less gloss finish.

The kits are good fun, but they do really cut corners on the tuners and electronics. I've upgraded them on this with some still cheap locking tuners, and good quality pots/switch. I've put a lot of time into the frets and made a new nut and it really does feel and play nice.

Soldato
I'm thinking of selling my American-made Highway 1 Strat and was wondering what might be a sensible price. It was made in 2005 and so the older (and I believe better) variant. It is in what I'd call very good condition but not perfect, a few minor dinks but nothing major at all.

Rough pricing from a quick look online seems to be near the £400 mark. Any other wisdom?

Caporegime
Finally sourced two Vox pathfinders for some stereo guitar. If you haven't tried it please do...Its puts a massive smile on my face and you can get great tone and separation from your guitar. Dial in a different tone on each amp...Play with one dry and one wet, one clean one dirty...Its great.:)

Been using my 25 year old Boss Super Stereo Chorus and it sounds amazing.

nERmvf9l.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
A couple of you may have seen this already, but I've constructed my pedal board and its rockin'!!!

GfOgVTYh.jpg

The mothership amp is landing next month... :eek:

Man of Honour
The pedal train comes with two huge roles of Velcro, so you stick one to the board and one to your pedal, with a bit of intelligent scissoring for the gaps. It works really well actually - you couldn't stomp them off the board.... Unless you were deliberately kicking them off!

Back
Top Bottom