Gears Tactics

Soldato
Reviews out.

Looks like fun and seems to be a blast scanning through reviews key points. does not seem to be as deep as XCOM, but combat itself seems great fun No brainier being on gamepass IMO.

Soldato
Reviewing well but I think the lack of a strategy layer is a shame in terms of replayability (pcgamer review even suggests with more strategy layers it would be recommended over Xcom). Might just wait to pick this one up or sub for gamepass to give it a whirl. Hopefully gets a sequel as it sounds like some really good building blocks.

Soldato
Would highly recommend Xwynns to anyone who likes tactical games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-6WcyPAsy0

He worked on xcom 2, has sunk 3-5k hours in both xcom 1 and 2. I like his style, and he always plays on max difficulty. Right now he's of the opinion that it's far better polished than xcom 2, lacks on strategy layer, but keeps on surprising him.

EDIT - He's not playing on insane difficulty apparently, hugely surprising.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Free as part of Xbox Game Pass on PC if you have a valid sub right now!

I'd already had Game Pass Ultimate for £1 but it let me do it again. So 30 days for 100p is a nice bonus, was expecting to have to pay £3.99 for the PC version. If the game turns out to be good, I'll buy it on Steam when it's on sale. :p

Back
Top Bottom