Gears Tactics

Soldato
I'm amazed so many PC gamers aren't aware of gamepass.

It's saved me a fortune. I'd say 30% of games I want anyway are on it on release day.
It's naming doesn't help as game pass has always been linked to Xbox and when Xbox is mentioned first thought is consol not PC

It's also saved me a fair bit as it's had most games I've been after too.

Soldato
Decided to try playing it myself. Going for experienced level. Insane looks a bit too insane. Only just done the first couple of missions. Trying to see which powers look overpowered :D.

Right now I love the look of Sid's 75% damage reduction on the first shot taken, but I don't really want to be taking too many shots, especially as the AI uses overwatch so much, and often taking a shot also means being interrupted. Going to try and turn him into a stabbing maniac, and build up lots of skills that helps me get more action points, basically not let the enemy get a turn where possible.

Soldato
I'm not that far through yet, but some of the skills/gear bonuses, look to be a lot of fun. Unfortunately, with the fixed missions, I can't see much replayability. It almost forces you into just using the same 4 characters every mission.

I'd love to see some strategy layer with a cog/rebel outpost, missions popping up across a map, with timeouts, each mission takes time to get to (on foot takes longer, than in a vehicle). Return to base after each to restock. You could set every mission to be available for a set number of turns, so it encourages you to do missions as quickly as possible, in order to get to more missions. Multiple squads could be sent out etc. I quite like the idea of not having wounded soldiers, but instead encourage use of multiple units through simply having multiple missions running together.

Soldato
I've had to drop the difficulty down as it was too hard lol. I'm almost 2/3rds though, should be finishing act 2 tonight. I do find the side missions a bit irritating though.

Soldato
On experienced for difficulty, finally hit a mission that I've been hard failing. One of the side missions in the second act. Been trying to power level certain characters, but it looks like I have to give up on it a little this time, hopefully I can pull it off without having to drop difficulty, I think I can. I just have to see if I can still manage the optional objectives if I end up using a character I'd rather save for the 2nd side mission.

Soldato
On experienced for difficulty, finally hit a mission that I've been hard failing. One of the side missions in the second act. Been trying to power level certain characters, but it looks like I have to give up on it a little this time, hopefully I can pull it off without having to drop difficulty, I think I can. I just have to see if I can still manage the optional objectives if I end up using a character I'd rather save for the 2nd side mission.
I was doing it on hardened and I had to drop it sometime in act 2 as well.

Soldato
Haven't had another crack at it yet. Think I know what I'll be trying to do. Fairly confident that if I use certain characters I can definitely do it, but I want to try and get as much xp on key characters as possible. One of which is Mikalaya (sp?), and as she's still only level 3, she really doesn't feel that great. Not enjoying snipers all that much to be honest, annoyed that I'm basically stuck with one. Not awful, just not having as much fun.

Soldato
On the subject of xp, I'm not sure it's possible to Max out more than a few characters, I'm mainly using the heroes as all 4 apart from on side missions where I just use 2 due to the stupid travelling mechanic and I'm not sure I'll even max out them (unless there's some sort of new game plus).

Caporegime
Graphics are excellent but i'm finding it all a bit hard to play from the couch with a controller to be honest.

The game is too "zoomed out" to play from a distance.

Soldato

Yeah. Mission that I'm failing.

More like I'm an idiot.

I did that mission by the way. Using just 2 units to secure supplies, on a map where there's no line of sight between the two zones (large building between them) until you've moved about 3 action points out of the zone. Facing enemies that can move 50% further. That 50% means a boomer can walk up and shoot, having started out of sight. And a ticker can run from out of sight and explode on you (if they have a straight run). I finished it with no more supplies (locust had destroyed 4 already), and with the final crate being collected by a downed character. She'd been downed that turn by a boomshot. I was actually quite grateful, since the boomshot killed the wretch who would have blocked me from collecting the final supply I needed :D.

Soldato
I didn't find the boss himself tough, just the constant spawning of his minions. Annoying that he was only in range of half my squad at any time. I also didn't realise who that girl you pick up was until I read it on wiki:D.

Yeah, it's either being stuck trapped between minions or mysteriously not been able to target Ukkon.

I think it would have been more balanced if there were more turns between new minions being spat out. Also they have no self-preservation instinct so they go and stand in the path of bombs just to stop you moving. Not massively realistic.

Soldato
I'm disappointed with the veteran missions. I was hoping just for a mix of missions that I could pick and choose to play with. Instead it's just like the side missions, pick 3 out of the 4. And they don't all have legendary loot either (just one out of 4 for me, and it was on the optional). At that point, I want to play about with crazy builds, not just grind missions out.

Anyone else find act 3 feeling a bit grindy in the middle? The missions were basically just repeats of the side missions I'd already done, only easier because they didn't have the same constraints. A few new maps at the end were nice though.

Soldato
Anyone else find act 3 feeling a bit grindy in the middle? The missions were basically just repeats of the side missions I'd already done, only easier because they didn't have the same constraints. A few new maps at the end were nice though.

Yeah, started to feel like it was just padding out the length of the game and some of the map layouts were basically identical.

Really enjoy the game overall though.

Back
Top Bottom