Gears Tactics

Associate
Could be interesting, kind of has that xcom feel ? i just feel there are too many games going turn based, where are all the classic rts games like age of empires, company of heroes, sudden strike series, i feel there arent enough of them, and £50 to £60 has become the new standard for AAA games i guess, will probably wait for a few sales

Caporegime
Could be interesting, kind of has that xcom feel ? i just feel there are too many games going turn based, where are all the classic rts games like age of empires, company of heroes, sudden strike series, i feel there arent enough of them, and £50 to £60 has become the new standard for AAA games i guess, will probably wait for a few sales

Just rent it for £1 on Game Pass.

Soldato
I'd already had Game Pass Ultimate for £1 but it let me do it again. So 30 days for 100p is a nice bonus, was expecting to have to pay £3.99 for the PC version. If the game turns out to be good, I'll buy it on Steam when it's on sale. :p

Worth it's weight in gold the game pass with the time I got out of Forza Horizon 4, still playing The Outer Worlds and now this.

Tutorial mission on this is obnoxiously hand hold-y on this. Will probably enjoy the game, it's basically Gears x X-Com.

EDIT - forgot I ran the benchmark and at 4K, unsurprisingly, my 1070 is 100% bottlenecking performance :D Ran 35-40fps which is ok for me at 4k, looks great.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Westie : Yep it's good fun, feels faster and more fluid than XCOM if that makes sense.

Glad the cut scenes are running 21:9 also, ingame it all runs smooth and looks great.

Soldato
I'm super proud of this one, my team and the entire dev team!

invis.gif
Gearstactics%20credits.jpg

Associate
Worth it's weight in gold the game pass with the time I got out of Forza Horizon 4, still playing The Outer Worlds and now this.

Tutorial mission on this is obnoxiously hand hold-y on this. Will probably enjoy the game, it's basically Gears x X-Com.

EDIT - forgot I ran the benchmark and at 4K, unsurprisingly, my 1070 is 100% bottlenecking performance :D Ran 35-40fps which is ok for me at 4k, looks great.
I cancelled mine ran out of stuff to play a lot less games on the PC version.

Soldato
OP
Very fun game! My only criticism is that the AA is absolute ***** and there's too much temporal jittering on spawns. That's besides that it's mostly a one-and-done type of game, which is a shame, but I get it. Xcom 2 is the GOAT & it's not so easy to make things replayable. Still, hope they do another one and then focus on those aspects further, maybe think of modding as well, though I know that's taboo for MS.

Associate
Great game so far, another launch title saving £50, Gamepass has been extremely good value for me and continues to be.

From the dark days of "Xbox is our primary concern so no GoW2 for PC" to "Here's a GoW PC exclusive that's not even coming out for Xbox yet."

Best thing this console gen has been MS finally realising they were shooting themselves in the foot by ignoring PC gamers and re-embracing the platform.

Caporegime
Best thing this console gen has been MS finally realising they were shooting themselves in the foot by ignoring PC gamers and re-embracing the platform.

Let's hope they keep it up. I'd love to see the Xbox 360 emulator make its way to Windows. Some of those older games like Kameo and Viva Pinata are begging to be played again.

Soldato
The more I play the more i like it. I'm not playing the highest difficulty and it's brutal !! but it really is satisfying when all hell breaks loose, your outnumbered and enemies are constantly spawning and your team is dropping like flies but you manage to hold on and beat them back.

I love the X-Com series, and this borrows heavily from it but it has it's own feel and most importantly has tons of depth.

Shame the game is priced so highly !! Worth A Buy has a decent review if you don't mind his persona.

Soldato
It is. It's basically like a normal Gears game but instead of combat being live 3rd person shooting, it's turn based tactical.

Yep, that's what it looked like. I really hope it's moddable into a longer tactical campaign. Sort of an entire gears war for all the cities, rather than one small story within.

Back
Top Bottom