• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GT 1030 (GP108) Rumours

Soldato
No-one's properly reviewed it yet than I can find. From what I can gather the GT1030 is very slightly slower than the 750TI, but it's using 40% of the power.

If there's a test you want running, ask and I'll see if I can help. Mine's in a SFF Dell with an i5-2500K.

Associate
Could someone that has the GT 1030 confirm that it supports H.265 10 bit HDR? I've been searching to get an answer but can't find anything. It has HDMI 2.0b so it should be fine right? Why I'm wondering is that my GTX 780 doesn't support this and I want to buy a LD OLED 4K TV and use my PC to watch movies. Thanks

Soldato
OP
Oh dear, Nvidia is at it again. New models of the 1030 have been released with DDR4 memory rather than DDR5 and a slower GPU clock speed. Whilst these do have a lower power draw, which may be useful in HTPC and SFF scenarios, the differences are significant enough to warrant a different product name. Why not just call it a 1020? :rolleyes:

Soldato
Oh dear, Nvidia is at it again. New models of the 1030 have been released with DDR4 memory rather than DDR5 and a slower GPU clock speed. Whilst these do have a lower power draw, which may be useful in HTPC and SFF scenarios, the differences are significant enough to warrant a different product name. Why not just call it a 1020? :rolleyes:
So you watched Gamers Nexus video as well eh. It would interesting to see if if a case like this was brought to trading standards and how they would react. Nvidia are getting away with murder these days.

Soldato

Can't see it helping much, the normal card is sub 30W! Maybe in a laptop...

Caporegime
Minecraft ftw?? Let's be honest, £50 barely buys you half a night out nowadays!!
Are you exaggerating or do you genuinely find yourself spending ~£100 on a night out?

I guess if you're talking about a concert, show or some-such; but if that's just your typical "out for some drinks" night... boy you must drink like a fish ;) Or you're drinking some very over-priced beer ;)

Soldato
Way to necro me man!! Jesus!! And yeah, spend that or close to that easily. £50 barely gets a couple of rounds in nowadays!!

Went out last week. Had a 10oz Ribeye in the local steak house, 2 rounds of 10 pin with the lads and around 10 pints with some shots between the pub and club. Never came close to spending £100. Pints were only averaging around £3.50. Must be damn expensive where you live lol.

Soldato
OP
So you watched Gamers Nexus video as well eh.
:D

Can't see it helping much, the normal card is sub 30W! Maybe in a laptop...
It might help card manufacturers produce a single-slot, low profile, passively cooled card.

I have a 1030... it literally has 0 redeeming features. I so wanted it to be half decent but it isn't :(
A little harsh. Whilst I wouldn't recommend one to people for gaming, it is probably the best HTPC card available.

Man of Honour
:D

It might help card manufacturers produce a single-slot, low profile, passively cooled card.

A little harsh. Whilst I wouldn't recommend one to people for gaming, it is probably the best HTPC card available.

Harsh but fair my friend. I'd take a low profile rx550 over it every single day of the week. It's just got better features for around the same money. I still have the 1030 and occasionally look at it and wonder what the hell I was thinking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom