• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX 780, 770 coming in May

Soldato
I know I wanna wait it out until AMD drop their new cards as well, but a 5Gb 2400+ Cored GTX 780 with the Titan cooler does seem quite appealing, if the pricing isn't bonkers anyway. Looking forward to legit reviews.

Soldato
This. I only paid £199 for my 7970. Missing this round of cards out and waiting for the next rounds I think.

In fact, it's been poor for years. Previous to the 7970 I had two gtx470's in SLI and the 7970 isn't really a massive upgrade. Yet again, the gtx470's only cost me £300 for the pair.

We need another 8800GTX!

I'm in the same boat. Prior to my 680 I had two watercooled 480's and they used to fly. I should have made the smart jump to AMD when the 7970's were going cheap last year.

Soldato
This. I only paid £199 for my 7970. Missing this round of cards out and waiting for the next rounds I think.

In fact, it's been poor for years. Previous to the 7970 I had two gtx470's in SLI and the 7970 isn't really a massive upgrade. Yet again, the gtx470's only cost me £300 for the pair.

We need another 8800GTX!

I take it that was 2nd hand?

Soldato
New pic, shiny / pretty.. Not sure if can resist GTX 770 :o

5cwaa.jpg

NZB

NZB

Associate
I take it that was 2nd hand?

Probably not, OCUK have had them at that price at least once, pretty sure that's how much they were in store when they moved premises. Gotta remember that current sale prices for them were the normal pricing a few months ago.

Soldato
Probably not, OCUK have had them at that price at least once, pretty sure that's how much they were in store when they moved premises. Gotta remember that current sale prices for them were the normal pricing a few months ago.

what? they had £330 graphics cards at £199? really?

Soldato
New pic, shiny / pretty.. Not sure if can resist GTX 770 :o

5cwaa.jpg
lol...am I only getting mental picture of the women standing in front of the jewellery store's window, drooling while looking at the gold and diamonds...while us guys standing in front of a computer hardware store window, drooling while looking at aluminum and plastic...:D

Soldato
^^ That 770 is def one fine looking card :p

My rig wants a pair in SLI, so I can admire at them through the side panel :o

I know it's only a GTX 680 in disguise, but still it's new and shiny, and likely highly clocked, possibly more volts.. Me likey me likey a lot..

Soldato
^^ That 770 is def one fine looking card :p

My rig wants a pair in SLI, so I can admire at them through the side panel :o

I know it's only a GTX 680 in disguise, but still it's new and shiny, and likely highly clocked, possibly more volts.. Me likey me likey a lot..

I don't think they're gonna allow voltage unlocks on these cards, everyone knows if you can crank up the volts & put them under water they'd be monstrous if you got a good card. Seen many people run 1400MHz core on air. Imagine under water with extra voltage. :eek:

The reason I don't think they'll allow it is because the 770, could possibly overtake a stock 780. Which could overtake a titan if they allowed full voltage. And aren't you only allowed to increase Titans voltage a tiny bit? I hope Maxwell comes fully unlocked voltage wise. A boy can dream... :D

Soldato
Nvidia must have taken notes from Heineken. They now make what are probably the best looking coolers in the world. They make AMD's black and red plastic efforts (7xxx series incl 7990) look rather skanky.

Let's hope they perform and are priced as competitively as they look.
62568040.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think they're gonna allow voltage unlocks on these cards, everyone knows if you can crank up the volts & put them under water they'd be monstrous if you got a good card. Seen many people run 1400MHz core on air. Imagine under water with extra voltage. :eek:

The reason I don't think they'll allow it is because the 770, could possibly overtake a stock 780. Which could overtake a titan if they allowed full voltage. And aren't you only allowed to increase Titans voltage a tiny bit? I hope Maxwell comes fully unlocked voltage wise. A boy can dream... :D

I don't think the 770's will be voltage unlocked, but I do think highly likely that Nvidia will clock the **** out of the 770's especially the non ref ones. If the leaked specs are real, there will be a 5% - 10% gap between the 770 and GTX 680 imho. The GTX 780 has enough shaders to be 15% 20% faster than the 680, so the 770 can afford to be clocked higher with higher stock voltage than the 680 was, and make a 5% - 10% performance gain..

GTX680 / HD7970 Beating performance? Plus a nice looking card. If it comes in under £300 I'm sold :o I'll take two thanks :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Why not?

That 770 looks very nice if it's legitimate. It really all depends on pricing now, if nVidia play their cards (pun intended) right then I might end up getting 2 770's or even 2 780's in SLI. We'll see.

Why not? ref coolers tend to be too loud for my taste.

Let's hope NV are going to price their cards better this time round.

Back
Top Bottom