• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Associate
So basically generation on generation performance is way down. and price is way up. Good to know.
2080 is about 50% higher performance than 1080 & has a bunch of new tech which when implemented will see even bigger performance leaps upto 80-100% - so no, as usual you are talking utter crap.

Associate
I’m just wondering whether the new cores will be able to be utilised to help other things such as encoding etc.

If you’re into media creation then if the new tensor /Turing cores are sitting unused then it’s a lot of money effectively wasted.

Is there any info on that side of things ?

Soldato

2080 is about 50% higher performance than 1080 & has a bunch of new tech which when implemented will see even bigger performance leaps upto 80-100% - so no, as usual you are talking utter crap.
nice "FACTS".
P.S. You have done nothing but insult people, go off topic and have threads closed down since you started posting about this launch. So lets not talk about talking "crap" shall we.

Associate
nice "FACTS".
P.S. You have done nothing but insult people, go off topic and have threads closed down since you started posting about this launch. So lets not talk about talking "crap" shall we.
I haven't had any threads "closed down" but I have called you out on your BS time and again - and do it once again.

Associate

That's true: it's a price reduction for those people who were willing to pay $450 for a 4% performance increase.

The fact is this is the first time it seems we are seeing virtually no traditional/rasterization increase per price in the history of graphics cards. NVidia can try to spin it all they want and say they are "changing the paradigm", but in the past, new features didn't come at a significant cost like this.

Exactly. And the 1080 Ti was almost identical to the Titan Xp when OC'd for significantly less. Obvious fanboy alert.

Last edited:
Soldato

imo the biggest issue with that is price wise the 2080 is going up against the 1080ti NOT the standard 1080. the gap is much closer there

Associate
FC5 is a big increase and is an AMD optimised game. I'm sure what we are seeing here is partly to do with drivers.
From the few bits we've seen it does look like Turing has fixed some of Pascals issues with things like HDR and DX12 specific tech. So I think VS AMD cards the new cards will do better in the games that Pascal struggled with. But that really just adds to the muddiness, we really have no idea what the performance will be for most people :(

Associate
From the few bits we've seen it does look like Turing has fixed some of Pascals issues with things like HDR and DX12 specific tech. So I think VS AMD cards the new cards will do better in the games that Pascal struggled with. But that really just adds to the muddiness, we really have no idea what the performance will be for most people :(

Sure I mean I don't think the upgrade is going to be as big as last gen.

What has maybe happened, rather than the Nvidia boardroom sitting around having babies blood intravenously injected into them while they discuss ways to fleece us which seems to be the tone here, is they looked at current node and thought we have almost squeezed all we can out of this so let's do something different until we go 7nm. Misguided maybe, too early probably, but they are the only one's doing anything different in the sector tech wise.

I think the performance may surprise when we see reviews. Not 50% type stuff, but enough for me as a 1080ti owner to upgrade.

Associate
Just watched a few bench reviews and the 2080 doesn't even beat the 1080ti in most games! was 10 % less in games like Battlefield. Can't imagine the 2080ti Versions being that much better maybe 20 FPS more on 2k monitors - seems a pointless upgrade and an expensive one at that! Going to Skip this generation and wait for next's years edition.

Associate
Just watched a few bench reviews and the 2080 doesn't even beat the 1080ti in most games! was 10 % less in games like Battlefield. Can't imagine the 2080ti Versions being that much better maybe 20 FPS more on 2k monitors - seems a pointless upgrade and an expensive one at that! Going to Skip this generation and wait for next's years edition.

Got any links to the few reviews? Only seen one so far that is probably made up.

Soldato
RTX-2080-Time-Spy-Result.png

28044548396l.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom